The time is almost upon us... G.I. Joe: Retaliation is incoming on Blu-Ray/DVD!

yojoe.com

The time is almost upon us... G.I. Joe: Retaliation is incoming on Blu-Ray/DVD!

Can you believe it?

How is this possible? When the film was delayed for 9 months it felt like the end of the G.I. Joe fandom at large...but instead the film rebounded strongly and ended up grossing nearly $400 million worldwide.

Now we stand on the precipice of the home release, and any one of us will be able to watch G.I. Joe: Retaliation any time we want. But that's not all. For folks who are interested in such a thing, the Best Buy exclusive "Extended Action Cut" will feature nearly 13 minutes of additional footage, giving many G.I. Joe fans the G.I. Joe: Retaliation film they were expecting in theaters.

One might think that 13 minutes of a 90 minute film really doesn't make much of a difference. I respectfully disagree. I think most folks will find that the additional footage spent on sequences building up the major plot points of the film really help the film feel more cohesive.

Yes, G.I. Joe fans, the film hits all of your local stores tomorrow. Are you excited?
    Expect some interesting reflections and commentary once the film hits, as I dive head first into the Extended Action Cut and give my opinions on the changes and what the end result means for us and for the upcoming sequel.
    I couldn't be more excited! Bring it on.

Meanwhile, make sure you check out the DVD/Blu-Ray Buyer's Guide to figure out which version you're picking up tomorrow. Or in my case, which versionS. Also, check out the review of the Blu-Ray theatrical cut with all special features right here on GeneralsJoes.
    Managing Editor YoJoe.com
    Webmaster GeneralsJoes.com
    Reviews, News, and Opinions

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My store put them out yesterday, but I will be looking for the Best Buy exclusive!

I can't wait to pause and study the Ninja mountain scene. I loved it. I watched that scene and for the first time in 20 years, I wanted to go into my backyard and build a base again. I loved it.
    Please check out my stuff! You just might find something you like! http://stores.ebay.com/Limited-Editi...p2047675.l2563