Fighting 118th East Coast Custom Convention

yojoe.com

Fighting 118th East Coast Custom Convention

The Fighting118th.com would like to extend an open invitation to the inaugural "Fighting 118th East Coast Custom Convention". Join us at the Radisson Hotel in Harrisburg, PA from October 3rd through October 6th. Continue reading for Convention Exclusives, Guests, Vendors, Special Events and more!

Description:

Fighting118th.com is a website dedicated to toys and collectibles in the 1:18th scale. Over the years we have grown into more than just a website, we have grown into a community that shares common interests in more than just toys and collectibles. For the first time, we have have decided to set up a official meet up. Thus we created the "Fighting 118th East Coast Custom Convention".

Dates:

Thursday October 3rd 2013
    4pm Start
    meet and greet, initial set ups and group dinner

Friday October 4th 2013
    Doors Open 9am
    workshops, customizing, contests, "Heroic Quest" intro/Q&A, raffles, "Heroic Quest" game, trading, selling.

Saturday October 5th 2013
    Doors Open 9 am
    workshops, customizing, contests, raffles, "Heroic Quest" game, trading, selling. First reveal of in hand copies of the first ever "Fighting 118th Exclusive Figure"

Sunday October 6th 2013
    Doors Open 9am
    workshops, customizing, contests, "Heroic Quest" game, trading, selling.
    Convention ends 4pm

Admission:

$30 for the entire Event
    or
    $15 for single days

Radisson Hotel
    1150 Camp Hill Bypass
    Camp Hill 17011

Landmarks near by: Hershey Park within 20 min of event. Shopping (TRU, Targets, Wal-marts, BigLots, etc) in all directions, within minutes.

Fighting 118th Exclusive Soldier

The F118 exclusive figure is one of a kind, no doubt. We all want a modern, general purpose, infantry type soldier to play with. This fig was designed with that idea in mind. Faceless, and nameless(to a degree), this fig will be the near-perfect standard soldier to take on whatever task is demanded of him.

With more articulation than standard current military figs, and current gear styling... he's sure to be a hit.

*Figure will be available on Fighting118th.com at a later date*

Heroic Quest

Turn-based, tile movement, action and adventure! Unique weapons, treasure, traps, magic, and many monsters of the underworld await the "heroes", as they comb the dungeons on their main quest. Fast play action, and many surprises (good and bad) combine for an exciting experience.

Kumite Martial Arts Custom Contest

Making its return will be the Kumite Martial Arts Custom Contest open to all who attend!

Special Guests

The AngelForge

The AngelForge specializes in custom 1:18th parts. New product will be revealed, and there will also be sponsored contests with prizes. Look for the table with information and product available for purchase.

Obi Shinobi

I'm a Customizer with a passion for details, and proper scales. I figure if a 12" fig can be realistic, then why not a 4" fig? That's my mission goal, with 99% of anything I do. And it's worked out so far.

I will be bringing many custom figs and some smaller dio stuffs to the event, as well as the "Heroic Quest" game-board. Daremo and I will be running the HQ games, as well as doing any customs related Q&A's/How To's.

Daremo

Stealthily entering the customizing world with his custom ninja weapon accessories in late 2007, Daremo has since learned how to effectively customize action figures. He will be sharing his knowledge of making accessories as well as demonstrating the many uses of green stuff. Also making its return will be the Kumite Martial Arts Custom Contest, open to all who attend.

Starwarsgeek

Dave Castle, aka StarWarsGeek Customs, has been making his own toys since as far back as he can remember. He's also started producing his own castings for making toys of your own, and he will have a good amount of his inventory on hand at the show. There will be plenty of new parts on hand, perhaps even some 'exclusive' parts, and you can expect discounted prices and special sales all weekend long.

Meddatron

My real name is Kirk L Downie. I started customizing maybe about 6 years ago and I started dio building maybe 3 years ago. I am a married man and a father of two boys. I open all my toys. After all, they are toys and meant to be played with. I call my playing "taking pictures" hehe. I enjoy building dios the most, but have a case of zombie fever as well and cannot stop myself from doing zombie customs. I have aspirations of someday doing a large scale epic dio-story myself. Only time will tell with that.

Visit Fighting118th.com for details and updates

[News] Fighting 118th East Coast Custom Convention - The Fighting 1:18th
    Last edited by MonkeywrenchF118th; 08-05-2013 at 10:12 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

We would love for you guys to attend the Event!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate!

Here is the FB link for people who use that:

https://www.facebook.com/events/364397787020089/?ref=22
    Last edited by MonkeywrenchF118th; 08-03-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added FB link

You can find several updates to the con in the link on the first post however I felt that this one needed a new post as well. The Officials Rules for Kumite Live:

Daremo’s Dojo Proudly Presents
    Kumite Live
    Denizens of the dungeon

A Heroic Quest Inspired Custom Martial Arts Tournament

This is an invitation to the best dungeon fighters around the world to prove that they are the best. Create an original Hero or Monster/Baddie Heroic Quest inspired character custom figure to enter into the tournament. Only the best fighter will succeed in defeating all before them to become champion in this ye olde no holds barred battle royale martial arts tournament.

Rules
    1.Your original custom fighter must be 1:18 scale (3 ¾"-4”). You may use whatever parts that you want (i.e., G.I. Joe, Star Wars, Build’N’Brawl, Custom Cast, Marvel Universe, O-ring, no-ring, etc.).
    2.You may only enter 1 original custom fighter.
    3.You may include any hand-to-hand weapons. Fire arms, explosives (lethal or non lethal), or lasers and the like will not permitted in the Arena. Throwing weapons (knives, daggers, shuriken, axes, etc.) and projectile weapons such as bows, crossbows, etc will be allowed. Magic users are also welcome to enter as long as you can show their magic powers (flames, ice blasts, lightning, etc.).
    4.You will have 6 weeks to complete your custom fighter.
    5.Your custom fighter must be created exclusively for this contest and may not have been posted anywhere else before. This includes WIP photos.
    6.You must enter your custom fighter in person at the Fighting 1:18 East Coast Custom Convention (Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, PA) by noon local time October 5th. You do not need to be a member of The Fighting 1:18 to enter. Anyone in attendance is encouraged to enter the tournament.

Returning competitors
    If you entered a fighter in any of the previous Kumite Tournaments (Kumite, Kumite II, Slayer Kumite, JC Kumite), you may enter an updated version of your fighter in addition to or instead of an original fighter. Your fighter must show signs of change (i.e. new outfit, scars/battle damage, new skills and weapons, etc.), include an updated bio/background, and fit into the Heroic Quest Denizens of the Dungeon theme. The same rules (see above) apply to the returning competitors as the new fighters. For example, if you have entered into all 4 of the previous tournaments, you are eligible to enter up to 5 fighters. 4 fighters will be updates and the 5th fighter will be a new and original creation.

Submissions
    Once you have completed your custom fighter figure, fill out the official entry form and bring your custom entry to the Kumite Live table. All custom fighter entries must be received by noon October 5th. Late entries will not be accepted. No exceptions.

Fighter evaluations
    Customizers who enter will decide the Champion, Runner-Up, 2nd Runner-Up, and 3rd Runner-Up. If you enter a custom into the contest, you will be expected to participate in fighter evaluations. Entrants who fail to turn in their evaluations will be eliminated from the tournament.

Customizers will be given 1 hour to evaluate all of the fighters and pick their top 5. You may not choose your own custom. Take into consideration the following when choosing your top 5:
    •Originality
    •Parts
    •Paint
    •Sculpting
    •Articulation
    •Accessories
    •Overall Presentation

More detailed instructions will be given at the time of evaluations.

Prizes
    The top 4 entries will split a case of G.I Joe Retaliation Wave 3/3.5? Figures (Budo, Kwinn, Data Viper, Crimson Guard, Cobra Combat Ninja, Ultimate Cobra Commander, Ultimate Roadblock, Ultimate Storm Shadow, Ultimate Snake Eyes, Ultimate Duke, Ultimate Flint, Ultimate Fire Fly).
    The Champion--5 figures
    Runner-Up-----3 figures
    2nd Runner-Up-2 figures
    3rd Runner-Up--1 figure

Place your Bets
    Before the tournament begins, there will be a chance for all custom con attendees to ‘place a bet’ on which fighter will win the tournament and become the Kumite Live Denizens of the Dungeon Champion. At the end of the tournament, everyone that correctly ‘bets’ on the fighter who becomes the Kumite Champion will have their names entered into a drawing. The winner of the drawing will receive whatever figure is left over from the tournament winner's selections. Only 1 'bet' per attendee.

Tentative timeline
    1.Contest Starts-----------Now!!!
    2.Contest Ends-------------Noon October 5th (must be present to enter)
    3.Fighter Evaluations Begin--Noon October 5th
    4.Fighter Evaluations Due---1:00 pm October 5th
    5.Betting Phase Starts------1:00 pm October 5th
    6.Betting Phase Ends-------2:00 pm October 5th
    7.Tournament Begins-------2:00 pm October 5th (or shortly thereafter)

This will be a live event held at the custom con. We will have an arena set up to showcase each fight. Be prepared to not only pose your figures for evaluations and the betting phase but also any of your fighter’s matches. Tournament rounds will be dependent upon the number of fighters entered.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The badges will be available for pick-up at the con. You can Register early online for some exclusive deals:

1 Full Day Weekend Pass $30:
    http://www.shop.theangelforge.com/Cu...gistration.htm

This add on pack is for those who wish to get the HQ exclusive skeleton pack. This includes Dio piece #10, a coffin, and a random headsculpt. Anyone getting this package can pick it up with their badge at the con. The coffin is only available with this package, and there are limited numbers available, so when they sell out they are gone. $15:
    http://www.shop.theangelforge.com/Cu...stration-A.htm

This add on pack is for those who wish to get the HQ Limited edition Female Dwarf. This includes http://shop.theangelforge.com/Exclus...02-LE00002.htm and a random weapon at a con attendee special price.. Anyone getting this package can pick it up with their badge at the con. There are limited numbers available in stock, so when they sell out they are gone. $30:
    http://www.shop.theangelforge.com/Cu...stration-B.htm

Non active participants (wives, kids) can get in free. When you pick up your badge, you will be able to get guest passes for wives/kids in tow.

Also:

One thing to keep in mind is that the weekend pass also grants you table space. Anyone with a full pass will be allotted tables space for displays and sales if they desire. The tables will be available at your request, but you will need to set them up and take them down. Displays are encouraged as is impromptu customizing jams. This event is about customs. Making customs, showing them off, chilling with fellow hobbyists, and bringing them into the action via HQ/Kumite events. Bringing paints and a dremel is perfectly acceptable here.

30 Days away!

Fighting 118th East Coast Custom Convention | The Fighting 1:18th!

This updated Press Release has 99% of all the info needed for the Con including brand new info on Contests and prizes!

I'd really love to go, but it's just too far away for me.