M.s.v. - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M.s.v.

You can add me in, I have a loose complete mint msv with the box - no paperwork or any of the interior packaging though.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Gas can color question?

Another collector and I were discussing the gas cans from the MSV. They have the same parts number inside as the original 1982 Vamp;

M-3252
    2-5-A

Although also black, the Tiger Sting and the Funskool MRF and Police Jeeps don't have these numbers as above. To my knowledge, only the MSV has black cans with this exact parts number.
    (Am I forgetting something?)

The odd thing is, both myself and the other collector have gas cans that are slightly different in color. One gas can has a smokey color and the other is slightly darker. I could see if this toy was
    made over a period of time there could be some variances in the color, but I would guess that the MSV was produced in one single run, as it was only for the Canadian market, and that market
    was much smaller the U.S. one. It was also only available for a short time.

So are there other MSV owners out there who have these slightly offset color gas cans or do others have exact matches? Just curious.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

Maybe they had to reload the plastic in the tanks before finishing the run?
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Mine are exact matches. No differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse View Post
    Gas can color question?

Another collector and I were discussing the gas cans from the MSV. They have the same parts number inside as the original 1982 Vamp;

M-3252
    2-5-A

Although also black, the Tiger Sting and the Funskool MRF and Police Jeeps don't have these numbers as above. To my knowledge, only the MSV has black cans with this exact parts number.
    (Am I forgetting something?)

The odd thing is, both myself and the other collector have gas cans that are slightly different in color. One gas can has a smokey color and the other is slightly darker. I could see if this toy was
    made over a period of time there could be some variances in the color, but I would guess that the MSV was produced in one single run, as it was only for the Canadian market, and that market
    was much smaller the U.S. one. It was also only available for a short time.

So are there other MSV owners out there who have these slightly offset color gas cans or do others have exact matches? Just curious.

I just checked my 1 original MSV can and the mold number is slightly different then yours:

M-3252
    2-6-A

I can't comment on a colour difference as I only have the 1 can.

Quote Originally Posted by joenorth View Post
    I just checked my 1 original MSV can and the mold number is slightly different then yours:

M-3252
    2-6-A
    My brain might explode trying to track all these little silly details. Can anyone else look at their gas cans and see what numbers they have?
    Thanks for any help.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

I checked both of mine, one says M-3252 2-5-A the other M-3252 2-6-A .