Custom Cobra Airship

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Custom Cobra Airship

EDIT: NOW FOR SALE! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=171147871499

Loosely inspired by that thing that Duke blew up in the intro to the original 80s G.I.Joe movie. Made from an Avengers SHIELD Helicarrier, a Starriors base snake thing from the 80s, a Terrordrome chair, a STUN hubcap, spraypaint, and some Cobra stickers I had lying around. Please tell me what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0034_zpsb02aaeec.jpg 
Views:	1859 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	25731

Name:	DSC_0048_zps848c3b98.jpg 
Views:	1038 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	25741

Name:	DSC_0042_zps1979f11b.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	25751

Name:	DSC_0040_zpsb418c7d1.jpg 
Views:	1143 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	25761

Name:	DSC_0047_zpsdc4d425c.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	25771

Name:	DSC_0044_zps83fd6d45.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	25781

Name:	DSC_0036_zps6004464f.jpg 
Views:	808 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	25791

Name:	DSC_0035_zpsa8bb679f.jpg 
Views:	755 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	25801
    Last edited by Robowang; 10-11-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Robowang
    TRADE LIST - CLICK HERE!
    BTW--When I came across your post on a TF G1 website about three or four years ago, I thought that your board name was the greatest thing I've ever read. Now. Three years later. I feel the same.
    Long live Robowang. -- Mark Bellomo

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    That's the stuff!
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

US NY or Arizona depending on time of year
    Had that appeared on Store Shelves how much do you think it would have cost the consumer

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would love to see a reproduction of the Marvel SHIELD Helicarrier for the 3 3/4" figures. It would need be massive, even larger than the USS Flagg.

This is a pretty good picture from the movie.

There are 2 levels of landing strips. In the picture, you can easily see a number of jets parked on both runways. We saw a jet parked inside a closed hangar during the Hulk vs Thor fight scene. One would also need to take the command bridge into account, the laboratory, Loki's holding cell, the boardroom where Nick Fury informed them of Coulson, and the four turbines.

Very well done. I personally never really had much of a desire for this particular vehicle, but I like what you did execution wise and with the helicarrier as a base it is not so big as to be unplayable.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

Darn! I saw a few of these Avengers SHIELD Helicarrier on clearance at Walmart earlier this year. I didn't have the vision to pick one up back then. Excellent job and idea!!

Thanks guys!

And to answer the earlier question about retail price, I'd guess $100 now, maybe $40 if it were part of the vintage line.
    Robowang
    TRADE LIST - CLICK HERE!
    BTW--When I came across your post on a TF G1 website about three or four years ago, I thought that your board name was the greatest thing I've ever read. Now. Three years later. I feel the same.

Wow, that's incredible!
    Knowing is half the battle...the other half is violence.

Thanks a bunch!

I'm going to be listing it on ebay soon, so if any of you are interested, keep an eye out
    Robowang
    TRADE LIST - CLICK HERE!

This reminds me of the Cobra airship that took out the Joe's USS Flagg in the cartoons does anybody else remember that?
    Check out my YouTube channel = zartan