Fill that Kre-O void with some other excellent building sets

yojoe.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fill that Kre-O void with some other excellent building sets

I realize it's a strange time to talk about a G.I. Joe Kre-O "void" when the Ghoststriker and Wave 2 Kre-Ons are officially at retail, but the fact remains once those come and go, and the Arashikage Temple makes its appearance, any future iteration of G.I. Joe's Kre-O line is officially up in the air.

Yes, Derryl DePriest did confirm at ComicCon that the line would continue into 2014 at Toys "R" Us which is fantastic news, but without any concrete information, Kre-O fanatics have started to look at other alternatives for their "building block" fix.

Big props have to go to the cadre of Kre-O fans on Twitter like Twitziller, Kenny, Todd, Flag Points, GeeWunner, AT_GIJoe and many others who find some really cool stuff on the outskirts. Toys from companies like Cobi, Character Building and Oxford (which actually is the company that works with Hasbro to produce Kre-O) offer some awesome pieces to compliment your growing Kre-O collection. Of course some of these items are only available overseas, and you need to expect some increased cost due to shipping or dollar conversion, but they exist and they are available. Check out some examples below:

Character Building - Monsters Vs. Zombies "Lab of Doom"

Recreate the perfect Zombie-Viper outbreak scenario with some great alternate heads or use it as Mindbender's lab or a B.A.T. Factory!

Amazon.co.uk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01_Lab_Of_Doom.jpg 
Views:	1706 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	26692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02_Lab_Of_Doom.jpg 
Views:	1502 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	26702

Character Building - Monsters Vs. Zombies "Laboratory of Doom"

Yes this one is a bit different than the one above. Looks like a different doorway and some different mini-figures. Very similar set up with just some minor tweaks.

Amazon.co.uk

Name:	03_Laboratory_Of_Doom.jpg 
Views:	1014 
Size:	355.8 KB 
ID:	26712

Amazon.co.uk Building Block Listings

I showcased those two specific sets, but a cursory search of building block sets on Amazon's UK site reveals a wealth of decent military offerings, from tanks and anti-aircraft to transport planes.

Amazon.co.uk

Name:	04_HM_Forces.jpg 
Views:	7202 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	26722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05_HM_Forces_Transport.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	26732Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06_Cobi_Heavy_Bomber.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	26742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07_Anti_Aircraft.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	26752

Character Building - Dr. Who

Made by the same company responsible for the HM Forces military sets also do some great Dr. Who sets that would also be a great source of B.A.T. factory or Cobra base pieces. There is a particular seller on eBay who specializes in these sets.

Character Building sets from Roxy Media on eBay

Name:	08_Dr_Who_Dalek.JPG 
Views:	372 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	26762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	09_Dr_Who_Cyberman.JPG 
Views:	314 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	26772
    Managing Editor YoJoe.com
    Webmaster GeneralsJoes.com
    Reviews, News, and Opinions

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Forget KREO - that UK stuff looks awesome! There's a freakin' Brundlefly! And that MLRS damn near brought a tear to my eye!
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Answelcw View Post
    In a magazine text mining application, one easy approach is using the $tfidf$ heuristic to produce vectors as compact sparse representations overly categories of the documents. This is certainly fine for the batch still setting, where outlet an entire corpus is known apriori, since the $idf$ requires the whole corpus\mathrmidf(t) = \log \fracD\d: t \in d\However typically shapes colors new documents are received after some time. One choice is to keep while using the existing $idf$ until a definite number of street new documents have famous purses been received, and the recalculate it. Apple would not give a intent behind making everyone recently the change. It does scale elegant allow Apple to protect yourself from legal trouble if regulators decided of the fact that policies represented an endeavor to control the saleboat prices in stilldeveloping niche for mobile subscriptions. silhouette Apple finds itself in a position of power considering that the iPhone along with the michael kors factory outlet locations iPad are probably the world's topselling online ladies devices. Allison Williams of suitable brand HBO's "Girls" and Hailee Steinfeld of "True Grit" watched the muted florals on denim and midriffbaring cutouts at Peter Som. Emily Mortimer was always ready for Jason Wu,clamshell who said his collection aimed practical figure to balance beautiful refinement with something provocative and sexy. "I love the thought of those two joining hand-in-hand softness including a hardness joining hand-in-hand and I desired to make a collection that kind of balanced, just teetered on holiday that type of sexy but nonetheless sophisticated," he before traditional believe sai?
    What he said.

Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by samluvsjoes View Post
    What he said.

Sam
    I see our mods are forever vigilant as always...
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Zombie lego-type blocks? why don't we have these in my area?

Since Oxford works with Hasbro to make Kreo I would not be surprised if the upcoming Wolverine is their MLRS