Retaliation Wave 3.5 figures coming to Walmart, Target or TRU? - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    I was about to start a thread about that SuperSport. This makes 2 years in a row we don't have Joes for Christmas. Part of me wants to blame the Hasbro suits cause after flipping through the 2013 investor PDF there were only 2 references to GI Joe. And since it's a movie year that seemed dreadfully under represented.

But you know what? There isn't any new Star Wars or Marvel stuff either. So it's starting to look like Hasbro dropped the ball on Christmas altogether.
    I blame the merchandisers at the big box stores. I won't claim to understand the minutia of merchandising, but I would assume that one of the tenets of selling schtuff is making it available to the consumers. If TRU had bothered to stock Joes for the holidaze, specifically the Ult Wave, I have little doubt they would sell through their inventory.

Stupid Giraffe. Same goes for Tarjay and Malwart... Tis the season - when people will buy EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 12-22-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: I steel dosant spell sow wright...
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, I would like to blame merchandisers too. But since TRU has empty pegs you can't really blame them. No store front wants unused shelf space. Especially not this time of year.

Also, I too found Flint at a Rite Aid yesterday. PLUS until Christmas all Joes are 50% off with their reward card. So $7 bucks is a nice deal, even for some old RoC guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

SWEET!!! So I had a rough time getting to a couple Rite Aids today and rewarded for my trouble with a Sgt Stone, Helix, Cover Girl, Data, and Combat Ninja. $6.99 each. Gonna repaint the hair on Helix, put it on CG and I'll have a Dial-Tone in blue. But anyway, I've also seen Ultimate Roadblock and Ultimate Cobra Commander. So it was a nice Joe hunt. I miss getting around town and hoping to find something I'm hunting for...and GETTING IT!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    SWEET!!! So I had a rough time getting to a couple Rite Aids today and rewarded for my trouble with a Sgt Stone, Helix, Cover Girl, Data, and Combat Ninja. $6.99 each. Gonna repaint the hair on Helix, put it on CG and I'll have a Dial-Tone in blue. But anyway, I've also seen Ultimate Roadblock and Ultimate Cobra Commander. So it was a nice Joe hunt. I miss getting around town and hoping to find something I'm hunting for...and GETTING IT!!!
    That's awesome. I'm glad RiteAid paid off for someone. That thing with them being $6.99 each with the reward card is pretty cool.

The weird thing is, it's almost like they got one case and distributed to all the locations. Of the seven stores I've been to I have yet to see duplicates. It's been different guys at different locations. So I'm not sure how reliable a source they will be.

EDIT: I wrote that just before I got on the train. Then I got off, walked in to a Rite Aid, and found another Data Viper. Stupid Irony.
    Last edited by Geek-Viper; 12-24-2013 at 10:35 PM.

My Rite Aid has given me a lot of help with 3.5 over the last month. I've found Duke, Flint, Storm Shadow, Budo, and this week a major haul with Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Crimson Guard, and Combat Ninja appearing all at once. Now all that remains to be found are my top two, Kwinn and Data-Viper, and then Roadblock and Firefly, who I won't be so upset if I should miss.

I read over at joedios.com that someone got one of their Night-Vipers at a Walgreens. So, it looks like those are out there.

Jeez, why do all the best ones have to be Pharmacy exclusives?

US NY or Arizona depending on time of year
    Luck just isn't on your side My friend.

I was at Target today. Not a single G.I. Joe action figure! Then I went to toys R Us next door and picked up a HISS tank. No action figures really there but they had Snake Eyes with the speed cycle, Firefly with the wheel launching bike, HISS tank and Eaglehawk helicopter. Much better than Target had.