GIJOE Cobra Files #6 IDW

yojoe.com

GIJOE Cobra Files #6 IDW

*****possible spoilers in thread*****

In this issue we get to learn all about the IDW origin of their version of Flint.
    We get a semi-detailed version of childhood through the college years and a little beyond.
    There is very little resemblance if any to ARAH Flint. Par for the course with the IDW titles.
    Costa tosses in some soap opera type of drama.
    alcoholic mother dies at a young age.
    follows a woman to college.
    meets an exotic foreign woman who is too much for him, too wild.
    straightens up a bit and becomes a different person but those tendencies still lie underneath. One of those tendencies being his using Chameleon
    I did find it interesting that internal "fraternization" is deemed ok as confirmed by the team's shrink Firewall when she says she has noticed Chameleon and Flint.
    Flint's reaction is to disassociate from Chameleon and also the entire team.
    His choice to break up the team at the end of the issue, and Duke's approval of the action was bewildering to me.
    It will probably all tie in to how this arc will wrap up, Billy and the Paoli, Clockspring's inevitable action that has been hinted at in prior issues may even be tied to it.
    Clockspring is a loose cannon whose fuse has been lit by the Paoli, he is all coiled up and about to break from pressure, in turn breaking the internal workings of the watch, or in this case Flint's team.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Watches don't have cannons!
    I appreciate the summaries - I can't get into IDW plot or writing enough to buy/support the book personally.

Origin of a Villain in G.I. JOE: COBRA FILES #5 | Newsarama.com
    Not sure if you are jesting or not about Clockspring and watches etc. but just in case, Clockspring is a new character.
    He has been assigned to Flint's team and developed feelings for Chameleon, fantastical feelings with no basis in reality. His shy nature and tendency to misinterpret affections, pushed him into the waiting arms of the Twin, Tomax. Tomax is manipulating Clockspring, filling his head with falsehoods. Meanwhile Chameleon seeks out Flint, who starts to use her and vice versa. Clockspring monitored them via security cam when Tomax showed him what was happening. Tomax is winding up Clockspring in an attempt to blow apart this section of the Joe team. It is working.
    Last edited by skinny; 09-14-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: added cover pic