Uh, oh......Secto Viper Repro Gear! - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Yeah, I'm kinda weird about this. I'm fine with replacing screws and O-Rings, I'm going to rebuild a USS Flagg and I plan on using reproduction stickers, but when it comes to pieces like deck clips and Heavy Metal's mike I only want originals in my collection.

That being said if other people want reproduction pieces that's fine for me, because my collection is mine and their collection is theirs. I would appreciate being able to tell the difference, but there's nothing I can really do to change what others do. All I can do is push myself to be a better expert to avoid accidentally getting reproductions.
    Hi, I'm Tim Mizak.
    Check out my blog on toys!
    http://mizak23.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I ask because i recently bought a cobra viper pit set. Love the colors and it is much more affordable than a set of original vipers. The set dose have some problems though. The oring used in them was the smaller kind used with the new sculpt era that is to tight and prone to breaking. Also the legs dont sit exactly right in the hips. I replaced all the orings with the correct size, and if repo upper legs where available I would more than likely switch them out as well. To me the two are the same. Both are switching non hasbro parts into a figure for the purpose of a better figure, and a lot of the same arguments against identical repo parts could be made about swapping orings. Maybe there are different catagories of repos? Those that simply replace a part made by hasbro and those that improve upon them? There could be a great market for those that correct issues with figures like viper legs for all the bat legged versions, crotches for the 25th cobra troopers, 25th viper replacement hands things like that. I know i'd buy quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DJoes View Post
    I've set up a poll. Please go vote here!

http://forums.yojoe.com/toys-1982-19...ease-vote.html

I'm just glad we have enough interest in a topic that a vote can be had. Woohoo! Haven't seen that in a while!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbot View Post
    I'm just glad we have enough interest in a topic that a vote can be had. Woohoo! Haven't seen that in a while!
    I never thought this thread I started would get this much positive feedback! Thanks! Let's keep it going!

Thought: What would be the MOST essential VEHICLE repro part if there could only be one? If necessary, I say the Rattler gunner canopy. All of them seem to lose at least one tab..., even mine!
    "Why ask why?" - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by j_inmon View Post
    Broken arrow toys made some at one time, but it looks like they are having trouble with their website so
    i can't confirm they are still making them, and I think they are the same color.
    I highly recommend you don't bother trying to order from that site. I think the guy that runs it means well but executes very poorly when it comes to management and delivery of the product. Many people have waited long periods of time for their stuff. Some never got it at all. Ebay isn't a bad route at all because you have the protection.

Never used them myself, just knew I had seen them available. Good to know!
    Last edited by j_inmon; 12-04-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scrapiron View Post

Thought: What would be the MOST essential VEHICLE repro part if there could only be one? If necessary, I say the Rattler gunner canopy. All of them seem to lose at least one tab..., even mine!
    My thought on this has already been mentioned, but my only choice would be vamp style steering wheels in a gloss black, but there would need to be two different kinds for the two different ways the steering wheel was made to fit the different variants. I gotta say I think a gloss black tail wing for the skystriker would be easy to manufacture, & I think there would be a descent market for them . I would easily pay $20 for a pair or repo tail wings I didn't need to paint- of course they would need to be plastic & not made of resin

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    This got me thinking: why was it that Hasbro made the accessory pack weapons such hideous colours anyway? Would it not have made sense to reproduce the guns in their original colours instead of light blue, etc.? What is the rationale? I can see Accessory Pack #1 with the brown stuff....It's almost desert gear.
    If I had to guess it would be so they were easier to spot in the grass when you were done playing.
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

For me, hands down it would be the Rattler's front landing gear. I have always said, someone would make their investment back if they offered repro landing gear.

The problem is that there's people who will try to pass these repro parts as original pieces.