Uh, oh......Secto Viper Repro Gear! - Page 25

yojoe.com

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DJoes View Post
    I used to care about repros. Then I bought a house and sold a ton of vehicles and carded figures.

Now that I can't afford all original parts for my vehicles, and I think I've conquered the completionist disease, I'm happy to buy repro parts for display. Funny the difference a couple years makes.

Hotdog, I love the black Skystriker fins. Picked some up on eBay. I wish more folks would make prototype spec parts. For instance, look at the photo on the back of the MOBAT box... It'd be great to make a cannon that looks like that, as opposed to the one we got at retail.
    That's actually a very interesting idea. You could have a prototype version of a vehicle, as well as a production version. Perhaps a Bugg with red glass, or a MOBAT with a different cannon.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    I used to care about repros. Then I bought a house and sold a ton of vehicles and carded figures.

Now that I can't afford all original parts for my vehicles, and I think I've conquered the completionist disease, I'm happy to buy repro parts for display. Funny the difference a couple years makes.

Hotdog, I love the black Skystriker fins. Picked some up on eBay. I wish more folks would make prototype spec parts. For instance, look at the photo on the back of the MOBAT box... It'd be great to make a cannon that looks like that, as opposed to the one we got at retail.
    hey i appreciate that. believe me. and i apologize for the arguments we had a couple years ago.

I've tried a few different things with the mobat gun, I had a swivel M-60 machine gun that i really liked. but it looked too custom. i do like the little trumpet on the end. It makes it more appealing, but stays very simple. i need to re-do that part anyway, so i'll see what i can do. gi nova is the real mad scientist when it comes to that stuff though.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobat.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	60889
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

This is all news to me :O
    Check out my store: http://stores.ebay.com/The-Nerdiest-Store

For EXTREMELY cheap Joes check us out at www.thenerdieststore.com

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    hey i appreciate that. believe me. and i apologize for the arguments we had a couple years ago. i do like the little trumpet on the end. It makes it more appealing, but stays very simple. i need to re-do that part anyway, so i'll see what i can do. gi nova is the real mad scientist when it comes to that stuff though.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mobat.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	60889
    Same here man! Glad we're all good.

If you make the cannon, I'll gladly buy one.

Funny how much stuff they changed before going into full blown production mode. Look how long the turret handles are too. Bet some kid poked his eye out in focus group testing :-P

There are a lot of cool vehicles and figure prototypes shown on the earlier product flyers and on the boxes (Mauler is also a bit different to the final product incl the Heavy Metal figure )
    Best Regards
    StkhlmDK

Check out http://www.action-force.dk if you want to see my GI Joe/Action Force collection
    YoJoe Collection Profile: http://www.yojoe.com/members/YOJOE0016251
    Flickr Account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/95647335@N07/

I wonder why they always seemed so rushed with some of the photography. I mean some of the box art shows figure and vehicle parts that are clearly unrefined. Were the deadlines so tight they had no choice?
    "Why ask why?" - Al Bundy

Right on navy viper. This has been a great debate.

There are three camps:

1. Pro distinguishable repros ("repros are cool, as long as you can tell them apart from the original")
    2. Pro indistinguishable repros ("all repros are cool, including matching ones like the new secto viper helmet repro")
    3. Anti repros ("if Hasbro didn't make it, then I don't want it in my collection)

It sounds like you and I fall into the same one, Pro distinguishable repros.

I think it would be interesting to have a vote (not that it will change anything, just to see where people fall). I'll start another thread with a poll next time I'm at a computer!
    I'm sort of an option 1.5 I am in camp #1 but at the same time, I do not buy Repros. Now, that being said, I have several skystrikers in various state of repair. It would be fun to have a few with all original parts but then have the flexibility to play around and give one black tail fins and such. I did almost consider buying some repro Killer Whale tain fins. My Whale vein assembly was destroyed in our house fire back in 2010. The prices on originals for that stuff now is very tough to swallow. Still, that being said, I will probably buy the true Hasbro at a higher cost before id buy a repro set. Just my opinion, nothing more.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....