After the move I finally started to sort my Joe Collection.... - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Man, I can't wait for me and the misses to finally get moved into my new place. Finally I'll be able to get all my toys out and not just joes mind you. Makes me sick that they have to sit in boxes for the moment.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Druss
    sadly I have these still to unpack...
    Really love the word "sadly"!

Its a good word

I hear ya Gemini, great feeling finally being able to do something with them! Admittedly not quite what I want just yet but I gotta start somehwere.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

wow you got problems! hehe.

-you should make one small space for actual diorama type displaying, and rotate some of the vehicles in out of that space.
    otheriwise you have one giant parking lot only.

anyway, this is the kind of problems that are FUN to deal with!!
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Good point. I'm gonna try and set some stuff up, both on the tables and the shelves when I build them, various vehicles manned, little playsets, etc.

I figured I would eventually trim down my stuff and have less but everything on the table I want to keep with more to add. I've definetly got a problem

Its a good word

I hear ya Gemini, great feeling finally being able to do something with them! Admittedly not quite what I want just yet but I gotta start somehwere.
    It's just gonna be pure **** going thru all my figures and resetting but the it's gonna be good to finally get all my toys out. Even if it seems to take forever.

You're progress pretty well. I moved into a new place last march and I still haven't done anything with my stuff

Vehicles take up a LOT of space....

I have a basement full of them, as well as a few rooms in the rest of the house. I have been trying to come up with creative ways to incorporate displays in other areas. One idea I hope to do is building a bar around a loose complete set-up Flagg. I would have to be a pretty wide bar, but I could use that theme throughout the entire room. I could build cabinet doors that are an inch or two deep, and hollow, with a glass front. put some shelves and battle stands in it, there is more display space. There is a lot that can be done if you have the time, patience and a forgiving spouse.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

Good points krymsyn, sadly your last point rings the most true - forgiving spouse...thats why most of mine are in the basement

I guess it was just wishfull thinking that I could fit them all in reasonably, some shelves are definetly going to have to be built down there otherwise I'm gonna have to start boxing stuff back up.

I love your cabinet idea, very cool and creative solution.

Talking

I guess it was just wishfull thinking that I could fit them all in reasonably, some shelves are definetly going to have to be built down there otherwise I'm gonna have to start boxing stuff back up.
    Yes you need shelves. Tables are great for setting up dioramas (or just playing ) but some good shelves for keeping the items you currently are not using is essential.

I suggest getting utility type cabinets. It's basicly a bare bones bookshelf with doors. These things will give you shelf space for everything... plus they'll clean up the space and keep most dust, bugs, er... rats or whatever... off the collection. Plus, heaven forbid it happen... but if you end up with a leaky pipe you won't loose any nice boxes or boxed figures or vehicles (or whatever) you may have that would get damage from water exposure.

Looks like you have one heck of a good collection. More than enough to set up some nice environments for play... having a diorama.. or even for shooting a diostory.
    :D Yo Joe! :D