Gijoe arah 199

yojoe.com

Thread: Gijoe arah 199

Gijoe arah 199

*****possible spoilers in thread*****

This issue we find out what happened to Stalker's team and we learn why it is never advisable to try to take the PIT.

A thread or two are wrapped up in this issue.
    Lola and Grunt head back home in a jet. Just exactly what kind of agent is Lola anyway?

Bazooka was injured between issues.
    This is getting to be a habit of Larry Hama's, it started with issue 170 where we learned what happened in issue 169 via Mainframe's report when he returned.
    Larry recently commented in an interview about the reader's filling in the gaps between panels for themselves but I think this is going just a bit too far.
    In this case we missed the entire firefight between Stalker's team and the Revanche robots at the sawmill. Considering all of those JOes were tied up when we last saw them there are some big holes in the story there.
    We had to learn what happened by Spirit surmising the situation after he starting tracking.
    So Velez gives Duke a Chinook to borrow to go find Stalker and co.
    Stalker and co. are fighting the BATs and don't really need any help. They use "Predator" and "Ewok" type booby traps to fool the BATS.

Now back to the PIT.
    Mainframe is in complete control.
    Cobra troops are deserting or have been injured by Snake Eyes, Scarlett and Trip. A televiper is even captured right in front of Cobra Commander.
    This is the key the Joes needed. The IFF (identify friend or foe) commands are in the captured televiper's helmet.
    The Joes don't even need to fire a shot. they use flares to knock out the night vision, and when the Cobra vipers cannot identify friend from foe, they take each other out in the dark.
    So leading up to issue 200 we have Cobra Commander and DR. Mindbender defenseless in the PIT command center and Duke and all the Joes in Sierra Gordo are heading back to Utah.
    only two Joes were severely injured in Sierra Gordo so that means the Mean Dog and all the Joes are heading back home into a firefight. Albeit an unfair one.

There is at least one glaring mistake where Lift Ticket calls Slipstream Lift Ticket; and Slipstream calls Lift Ticket Windmill. Windmill was not even on this mission. oops.
    Also a tele viper is called a techno viper by an excited trooper reporting to Cobra Commander.

Next Stop:
    The PIT
    Last edited by skinny; 02-20-2014 at 05:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Alright, skipping over the spoilers since I just bought this. So far so good, I like the mood during the blackout in the opcenter.

Do you happen to have the date on when 200 will be in stores?

I did not think that would be such a hard question to answer it actually was, but I found the answer:
    3/19/2014

GI Joe: Real American Hero #200: A: Gallant by IDW Publishing

Here Cagey just for you set for Eastern Time even:
    Generic Calendar/Clock - Countdown to Mar 19, 2014 in Richmond

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, it was very challenging to find the release date, fortunately I had a ringer do it for me.

Thanks for the clock, perfect for the lunkhead like me whose motto is, "Work harder, not smarter."