Xamot with a Tomax Head is this common?

yojoe.com

Xamot with a Tomax Head is this common?

Hello everyone, first post here so hopefully I've not broken protocols.

I was sorting out my Action Force/Joe Collection (I'm in Scotland by the way) and while matching everyone up with their weapons I found I had one Tomax and two Xamots from the 85/86 Action Force Sets.

I was puzzled as to how I ended up with two Xamots but I vaguely remember he was available in the UK Which as you can imagine is a bit odd - however I vaguely remember that Xamot was released as a single figure as well at some point either that or we had a send away somehow.

Anyway I was trying to figure out how store the second Xamot when I noticed ... his hair was wrong. It was lighter brown that Tomax and actually had the same parting as Tomax as well!

So I've got a spare Xamot with a Tomax head and I know that I've never bought a knock off, all the figures I have are from their original releases (some bought while on vacation in Florida).

My question is - how common is this error? I can't believe I've got the only one in the world surely?

I can sort out a photo if it will help.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hello,

It's probably just a head swap.

Welcome to the board!
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

My lists: For sale/ for trade, Wanted

Something probably happened that one of the twins broke and you used the best parts from the two to make 1 figure and it was so long ago that you don't remember. But that would explain why you have 1 and not the other and why he has the wrong hairdo. But that is just a guess.

Welcome ... this is a fun board and I hope you enjoy reading the posts here as much as I do.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Labyrinth View Post
    Something probably happened that one of the twins broke and you used the best parts from the two to make 1 figure and it was so long ago that you don't remember. But that would explain why you have 1 and not the other and why he has the wrong hairdo. But that is just a guess.

Welcome ... this is a fun board and I hope you enjoy reading the posts here as much as I do.
    Hi Labyrinth, I can promise you I have never repaired any of my figures. I didn't even know it was possible to repair them till a few weeks ago! I do have a handful who need a new o-ring mind you
    But Xamot certainly hasn't been touched by anyone in my house

Martin-montreal is right it's probably a head swap at the factory somehow.

Thanks to both of you for the warm welcome.

The Action Force edition was released in a 2-pack just like the US version. I have about 10 sets (3 complete and bunch of loose ones) and never seen a head-swap.

Btw have a look at bloodforthebaron.com, a lot of UK/EU based collectors gathered on there
    Best Regards
    StkhlmDK

Check out http://www.action-force.dk if you want to see my GI Joe/Action Force collection
    YoJoe Collection Profile: http://www.yojoe.com/members/YOJOE0016251
    Flickr Account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/95647335@N07/