Walmart to Raise prices on next Wave of 2-packs... also Comic3Pack #3 instock

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Walmart to Raise prices on next Wave of 2-packs... also Comic3Pack #3 instock

Just incase you haven't been to walmart lately... the days of 4.96 2-packs seems to be about over. Starting with the next wave they go back up to 7.76. I noticed the price change at the local Super Center just about an hour ago as someone was working the toy section putting new price tags up... figured some of you would want to know. IF there's some older 2-packs your walmart still has that you may want at the old price... I wouldn't hesitate going to get em.

As for older figures, this paticular walmart didn't have any on the shelves. They had a few Night Adders (sp?) on the back wall with reduced toys.

Also, while there I noticed they finally got some Comic 3 Pack #3's in. While yes this is just my Super Center... usually when one get's something in... most do. So definitely check em out if you're looking for this stuff.

Though I'll post the rest of this over on the misc. merchandise forum... they also had the GI Joe TCG Starter Sets and Booster Packs in the section with the other trading cards in the book area. The Starter sets were $9.97 and the individual packs of cards (which were mounted on an original cardboard) were $3.67. I know many have complained about not being able to find em locally so if you have a Super Center nearby... there's a good chance they'll have it.
    :D Yo Joe! :D

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Weren't the two packs always at 7.76?

I don't ever recall them as low as 4.96

They were 4.96 for a couple of months.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They've been back at $7.76 for about a week now, including the older waves.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

It's only now that this price change has hit my area. There's still one 2-pack from the last wave I was considering. Guess I better get it on the way home. Getting two joes for $5 was a great deal. I mean at $2.50 a piece if I liked one and not the other I could just give the other to one of my kids without thinking about it. Now... at over $3.50 a piece... I'll have to be more picky on which ones I buy.

They'll go down again before Christmas, or else Target will sell way more at $6.99
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

got a all the 3 packs I wanted from walmart mine is just packed with em. I dont know why the hawk one is more expensive on the internet it is the worst one as far as old looking fatigue uniforms. I like the snake eyes quinn one the best...if only they would release dr. venom or scar face!

I'm glad I grabbed all of the 2 packs when I did. I was kinda hoping the price was permanent.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info there, Nightc!!! Much appreciated.

I really wasn't paying attention until you brought it up. So was it a sale, or is GIJoe suddenly so "in-demand" that Wal*Mart is raising prices?

-PJ

I don't know this to be true... but I have a theory as to why the price dropped.

Walmart just wasn't selling many 2-packs at that higher price before. Stock was backing up and new figures often weren't ordered due to old figures not selling. I think Walmart & Hasbro struck a deal so Walmart could not only buy newer figures but also give customers incentive to buy the older ones too. This worked out well atleast in my neck of the woods as Most 2-packs sold out or were very close to selling out before the price jumped back up. So now with little stock on the shelves whatever deal was struck is now over and Walmarts going back to the old pricing.

IMO, this pretty much sucks as I'm probably not going to buy many more current figures in 2-packs when they are this pricy. Expecially when I can hunt more $2 single packs at Family Dollar and maybe even pick up a classic Joe (in 3 3/4" size) keychain figure or two.

$5 was a sweet spot for 2-packs. I have a feeling they aren't going to sell to well being higher priced again. However... that just means eventually they'll drop the prices again to get rid of old stock. The main thing for me is waiting this price hike out and hopefully seeing good results at the end. Or worse case sinario... waiting for KBtoy stores to drop the price on older figures (however except for the ones with CD's from so many waves ago.. they are still just as pricy as first released).