Which One Do you like Better......... ? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm going for The General, just my preference. I think it's more fun then the Rolling Thunder
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I see your point, the General is a massive fortress playset. Pretty cool, if not very realistically functional. I had one for a while. Rolling Thunder, I think is pretty cool, but not very useful for an anti-terrorist unit. So I can take them individually and look at them and say they are okay, but I don't really care for either of them in my joe universe.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

I like the Thunderclap better.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Willard Ohio, home of Seattle Seahawks QB Charlie Frye
    I like both, but if I had to choose I'd say the RT. It reminds me of that vehicle on the episode of GI Joe where they used that massive vehicle to carry those volatile crystals.

Talking

The general for me I like the fact it could carry three locust or two sky hawks, I also like the weapons on it and the fact it has room for all those weapons rule.

I'll be honest here... I don't really like either one. But of the two I like the General more.

Now if this included the Mobie Command Center then we'd have something more to talk about since I really like that setup... even though it's not as well armed.
    :D Yo Joe! :D

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    How can you not like something with 2 big honking missiles in it?

No matter how much I try, I cannot get the missiles in mine to honk.

Rolling Thunder for me.

I had a General once and it was a little too much for me. It reminded me of a GI Joe coffee table.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    No matter how much I try, I cannot get the missiles in mine to honk.

Rolling Thunder for me.

I had a General once and it was a little too much for me. It reminded me of a GI Joe coffee table.

Hee,hee... can't get mine to honk LOL

Yeah, but have you ever seen a coffee table with so many guns? Get rid of unwanted guests QUICKLY!

Haven't had the pleasure of owning a General, but when I saw one
    for $20, I passed it up. $5, maybe.

I could pass on the Rolling Thunder driver - Armadillo looks too much
    like a doofus. But the fact that it could fire those ICBMs from almost anywhere... AND it's got guns... AND it's got a separate missile platform...
    AND it's got that 6-wheel ATV thingy.. as a vehicle, it RULES!

The ONLY complaints I have about the Rolling Thunder besides the driver
    are: (1) the gantry tabs break way too easily (right, GB?) and (2) the
    stinkin' axles snap too easily. I have one almost complete accessory wise, but half of the axles are gone. It's screamin' "Custom!". Maybe some MCC treads... Hmm...

There's a problem with this poll

I don't think we should compare the RT with the General. They are two different types of vehicles IMHO. I the the RT as a large vehicle in the vain of the Thunder Clap and I see the General in the same category as the MCC in that they are both moving bases.

I have my issues with both of them though but love them a lot too. They should be part of anyone Joe collection in that they represent the apex of the Joe toy line.

I hate the RT's 4 guns on the side. they left those manning it fully exposed, plus the seating position wasn't ergonomic. I think the encased lower half of the General's four gun seats offered better protection. Edge General

Not a big fan of the noise and lights feature, and spring firing system. The RT omitted this feature. However the General's noise and lights feature wasn't an imposing voice box ala the 2003 conquest and snow cat and was cleverly tucked away within the vehicle and the spring fireing system was incorporated into a realistic cannon instead of some ugly missile system like later vehicles. Edge General

The Single shell and cannon bay are sweet and relistic in the General. But those massive long range rockets with missiles tucked away in the bay of them provide a wide variety of uses and offers much to the imagination and playability. Edge Rolling Thunder

The huge turrent in the back of the RT offers great cover and a formadable back up for the four guys on top where as the General has no back up. Edge Rolling Thunder.

The Locus vehicle provides great air support plus the large landing pad allows for a variety of aircraft options. The little ATV and the silly remote missile star system offer a throwback to Pac Rats and small vehicle sets but with little fire power on the ATV (the Locus has bomb bays and missiles) and little interest (for me that is) in remote unmanned vehicles, i'll take a choper anyday. Edge General

The color scheme is just down right killer. The greens and browns are what Army vehicles are about. If the General had been marketed as a snow fortress/artic toy then this would be tough. As it is the white in the vehicles base can not be salvaged by the green/brown and black of the General. Edge Rolling Thunder.

The General is a slow moving monster that carries an army. If you're possitioning a small incursion onto cobra Island but don't want to make too much noise, the General allows you to bring heavy back up. Similarly, the Rolling Thunder is a faster moving, sleeker killer. If you want to drop this bad boy in the pounce on Cobra's front line and do some massive damage, this is the first thing in your arsonel. Edge tie (just depends on the mission)

All in all. They are both great. I have them both and proud of them.

Just MHO
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

Quote Originally Posted by rah-digga
    I don't think we should compare the RT with the General. They are two different types of vehicles IMHO. I the the RT as a large vehicle in the vain of the Thunder Clap and I see the General in the same category as the MCC in that they are both moving bases.
    Well in that sense I would chose the RT over the Thunder Clap and the MCC over the General.