*****possible spoilers in thread*****

So the big surprise behind curtain number one is:
more tunnels. big wide ones. Including Airwolf and its secret mountain helipad.
Spirit's skills are showcased yet again. No surprise as S.L. Gallant loves his Spirit.
A surprise return to the Sneak Peek story, perhaps tied to the Joes visiting the old Fort Wadsworth facility.
There are plenty of Easter eggs and nods to the past in this issue.
The Joes will have a few bases now not just the newly expanded Pit.
Pehr and Lovett air may just be developing into a Kwinn type character or something.
There are a few new plots developing.
Jinx and Pale Peony return via sports car to the PIT. I found this scene to be very awkward and stilted. All the Joes are welcoming back Jinx and Pale Peony, who now seems to be just fine after getting shot just a few issues ago. Maybe the Arashikage have a mutant healing factor in addition to their pain management techniques.
new inside joke:
fried egg sandwich.
It was nice to see a lot of joes used in this issue.
Postbox the Pit has returned but it seems GIJOE has a limited audience who write in. Specifically those members over on the IDW forums. I was hoping to see more than just the usual letters from the letter page site.
Hama revealed some upcoming spoilers in the letters page and he says he does not know who Cassandra Knox was. This does concern me a little. Only a little though since issue 153 was not written by Hama. Shadow of the B.A.T.,G.I. Joe A Real American Hero,G.I. Joe Comic Book Archive