New character concept / design site - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    I like Scarlett in fatigues O13 style.
    Pythona is an interesting take, I think I still prefer the full body suit but I love that hair.
    One female greenshirt "Alice" appeared in Lasers in the Night. She was a crew chief on Lady Jaye's striker. Off hand I can't think of any others, but there may be more.

Ghost of a Chance had Scarlett in Slipstream pilot's gear. I would like to see that.
    I would say Ramar should be more muscular and larger but I understand the limitations of what you are working with.
    Either way looks like a fun project.
    Thanks, glad you like what's up so far. I'm trying to come up with some other unexpected characters. Obscure Joes or characters who could've been Joes but never were. Right now I'm kind of avoiding just straight copying existing designs. Alice may be a good choice, though.

There are one or two other unused figure designs I may try, too. Thanks for the feedback!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Replicator Duke and IDW Copperback

It's been a while, but next up is a version of Duke based on the unproduced Replicator concept, and an original design for the IDW character, Copperback:

Replicator Duke and IDW’s Copperback | Joe Concepts

Ok, I probably wouldn't have bought the original Replicator design. But if they did a Duke that looks like yours...yes I would buy yet ANOTHER Duke, lol.

And that Copperback design is in your top 3. Really cool looking.
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Another update, with the first of the recently revealed, unused character designs from the Joe vs Cobra era of figures, Jinx. I really liked the design and wish it didn't get turned into a very typical Japanese ninja style outfit:

Unproduced Jinx | Joe Concepts

OK, we've got more unproduced concepts, this time Lifeline and Serpentor. Let me know what you think if anyone's actually following the site anymore. Comments on the site itself are welcome, too:

https://joeconcepts.wordpress.com/20...and-serpentor/

That Serpentor is SUPER cool. He's probably one of the only figures that never really got any kind of an update in the last 30 years. But that makes it look updated AND classic. Very Roman-like, you're right. And, correct me if I'm wrong, since Caesar was one of the DNA samples used to make him it also fits the character.

Zarana looks good too. It's just that I'm so used to her hair being pink that the ginger version makes her look more like Scarlett undercover. Still looks really cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    That Serpentor is SUPER cool. He's probably one of the only figures that never really got any kind of an update in the last 30 years. But that makes it look updated AND classic. Very Roman-like, you're right. And, correct me if I'm wrong, since Caesar was one of the DNA samples used to make him it also fits the character.

Zarana looks good too. It's just that I'm so used to her hair being pink that the ginger version makes her look more like Scarlett undercover. Still looks really cool though.
    Funny thing about Zarana's hair is that it wasn't originally pink. The original action figure is orange, and the Sunbow cartoon has it as orange, too. It was only in the comics her hair was pink. Zandar's originally a redhead, too.

Yeah, Zandar's hair is orange. No question there. And I'm willing concede that Zarana wasn't exactly pink. But it wasn't orange. On the figure. It was more of a magenta. But you're right about the cartoon. Guess I never thought about it much. I'm sure my wife could attest to that too lol.