Any Mexican Boxed Joes Collectors? (Pics)

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Any Mexican Boxed Joes Collectors? (Pics)

Hey all!

I thought this thread could be a good discusion of the Mexican boxed Joes, for those of us who really dig these figs! (and...just a smidgeon of 'limelighting' my recent purchse )

Below are some pics of six Mexican boxed Joes I recently lucked-out and bought. I already had the Destro (which seems to have been opened at some point ), and georgeous condition Snake Eyes.

I LOVE the Mexican packaging. These figure window boxes are unique, in that they were only released i Mexico. I just find them incredibly attractive. And I know there are a bunch of guys here, who share enthusiasm for these Mexican figs.

The Cobra Soldier and Cobra Officer are the really tough ones to find. There were a few auctions for some a couple of months ago, and I think they were won by board members.

So, lets talk Mexican boxed Joes! If you have some, take some pics and add them to the thread! I know there is alot of interest to see them!.

-Peter
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Man, I envie you...

Those look great. I would love to get one sometime, and then slide it into a nice custom case just for display purposes.

How much do the figures boxed normally run?

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

Well, I'm not quite sure of what they normally go for Tanner. Months ago, I paid $200 for the Snake-Eyes (which I now consider a great buy, due to it's condition).

The Mexican boxed figs have been getting more interest, and the prices have risen. I consider myself lucky, in that these 6 figures averaged at $45 per figure. This might be the going rate, though. I'm not sure.

I'm wondering why the pics aren't showing up, though. They are linked correctly using the vBB code, and should be appearing. I've checked my site, and images are still being shown from there on other boards. So...I'm wondering if there has been an image policy change recently?

-Peter

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Peter,

This might be why they aren't displayed in the thread...

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=13937

But the links work and I got to see them there...

Wow $45 per figure! That's a steal. Honestly, I have no idea what there price is, but wow, I wouldn't mind paying $45-$60 for one.

I hope there are a few around when I go to buy one sometime when $45-$60 isn't a big deal (sucks to be in college and flat broke).

Tanner

PS: Peter, do you know how many there are?
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

yeah those are great prices. i actually just have loose mexican joes. none boxed. i plan on getting some though if they become available!
    WANTED:
    -Fast Blast Vipers
    -Python Patrol Heat Vipers
    -Any Iron Grenadier Troops (IG's, TARGATS, Undertows, Iron Anvils etc etc ARAH MOLDS ONLY)

TONS of Joe figures and vehicles for sale send want lists!

I was selling them last year, You might be one of those who bought one from me, I had a bunch of the snake eyes. The is no cobra commander I believe or officer. The hardest 2 figs to get are the girl and the storm shadow. I kept 4 figs for myself, all c9.5 except the storm shadow, he's like c8.5+ , tape broke at top and has very minor wear. I also have snake eyes, flash and rock n' roll. I dig the mexican boxed figures, I collect megos, and these boxed figures remind me of the fist fighter mego boxes. I wished they released retro boxes for the newer figs.

Yep, that's me! I bought the one Snake Eyes from you, and Dockingbay bought another from you. Both were really great items.

I completely agree that the boxes of the Mexican figs were really appealling. The box with the see through window was a great way to sell these figures. It makes them look "much more" than an action figure, even though that is what they are.

Care to share any pictures of the ones you decided to keep? I'd love to take a look, and it'd be great to see more pics in this thread!

-Peter

Damn Peter, you've got a lot more of those bad boys than i thought...you just need to get yourself some of Oscar's custom cases for those now!

You can see just how nice they look: http://www.tattoosandtoys.com/images...e/MexCaseF.jpg

You can definately count me in the camp of those who really like these figures...so far i only have Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I was hoping to get a few more when i was in Mexico City but i didn't see any single pack ones, just the ones with the mini vehicles and they were in terrible boxes.

I think as far as prices go, for the more run of the mill characters anywhere between $5 and 70 is an acceptable price. Of course figs like Snake and SS go for more...
    Your Toys...Our Tattoos
    http://www.tattoosandtoys.com

i've been looking to buy some of these for a while, but cant find any for sale. if anyone knows where to look on the web (always checking ebay) or anyone that has some for sale please let me know. thanks!

I too would like to know...

I wouldn't mind a run of the mill character for $20 - $30.

Tanner