Factory mess up vs. variation

yojoe.com

Factory mess up vs. variation

Which is worth more: a factory mess up or variations of the figure?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Factory mistakes seem to be a lot harder to come by. But I would say that generally speaking the Joe collecting community is less interested in them. I have seen a large number of Star Wars figures with factory mistakes sold as ultra-rare variations. I'm glad that the Joe community seems to have created some distinction between the two.

I suppose that if a factory error were to somehow give a figure som added value (for example if someone were to ever find a production released 2002 Tomax without the scar painted), it could achieve quite a bit of value.

What something is worth is always what someone will pay for it. But in general I think that a real variation is a lot more fun to collect because I know there are more out there. And looking for them is fun. So to me, a variation is more valuable.

I have to agree on variation issue.. I've looked for a few for the first time a few months back.. And it was fun.. I jumped higher than I did before getting new fig that I needed.
    The path of collecting is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil scalpers. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the lost through the valley of aisles. For he is truly his brothers keeper by leaving one on the peg and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers collection, and you will know I am a true collector when lay my vengeance upon thee.