G.I. Joe Collectors Club FSS 3.0 – The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
    The Joes already have RB, so, without his "gimmick", the steadi-cam gun, Repeater is just a redundant heavy machine gunner. As Alchemist put it with breviloquence, the steadi-cam gun is "his thing". It's like Mutt without Junkyard... Incomplete.
    I'm not a purist, so much, but can't you just switch the Convention Night Force Repeater's steadicam m.g. with the current figure's? I've always assumed that if there was a character-based figure, all the guns that came with every version belonged to that one character. So I look at it simply as Repeater now having another m.g. in his personal arsenal. He can switch them anytime he wants...
    Last edited by seaneley; 07-02-2014 at 10:26 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz View Post
    ...Also I may be in the minority but I think that Night Creeper Leader v.2 looked way better than the first, and I love that he of all people got remade. One of my very favorite Battle Corps figures
    It's all the same to me (since I'm not buying -- not enough moolah), but I would prefer v.1 simply because he was the one that made it into the comics. I usually go with actual appearances in mixed media as my preference first... That's just how I roll...

Ah, I can appreciate that. I have not made it that deep into the comic but it makes sense. Of course, now that the mold exists I imagine the orange and black version will show up, too. Like you, I am not buying so I am just commenting from the sidelines.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Storehouse View Post
    There's also another added bonus to the Psyche-Out--for fans who want original toy-accuracy, they can swap the dishes between it and the convention version.
    I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw FSS3 Psyche-Out. I will do the swap when I get him.

I think that the collector's club is an awesome thing but trying to get the all the figures for some people is next to impossible money wise.

I "suggest" that the first run of each collector's club figure ...say around 5 - 10,000 should be for us that are a part of the club but after that, the figure should be altered slightly (variation) and be released for stores. It would make money in two ways. For those of us that collect close to everything we would get two (or more) of the line AND for the general public that do not have funds for the first run of the new figures through the club, it would give them access to "new" figures. It would keep the toy line alive also. Us of the 80's era cartoon would see the figures and would remind us of some great tv time and possibly get it to bring us back.

AND DONT MAKE IT EXCLUSIVE TO ONE STORE FRANCHISE ie Toys R Us or Walmart. Make them available in all toy stores.

This is only my personal opinion but please pass this along if you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlant408 View Post
    I think that the collector's club is an awesome thing but trying to get the all the figures for some people is next to impossible money wise.

I "suggest" that the first run of each collector's club figure ...say around 5 - 10,000 should be for us that are a part of the club but after that, the figure should be altered slightly (variation) and be released for stores. It would make money in two ways. For those of us that collect close to everything we would get two (or more) of the line AND for the general public that do not have funds for the first run of the new figures through the club, it would give them access to "new" figures. It would keep the toy line alive also. Us of the 80's era cartoon would see the figures and would remind us of some great tv time and possibly get it to bring us back.

AND DONT MAKE IT EXCLUSIVE TO ONE STORE FRANCHISE ie Toys R Us or Walmart. Make them available in all toy stores.

This is only my personal opinion but please pass this along if you agree.
    Well, they'd need to work out the red tape with Hasbro and the retailers....