Mexican Snake Eyes - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lemme see if this picture will post....

Lemme know if you cannot see it.
    Last edited by darthdrew13; 07-10-2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Fixed.

Those are 3 Mexico Snake Eyes figures that Aire had before she sold off her collection. There was a tub of loose figures from Mexico and not one of the OG13 Joes had swivel arms nor the updated waist. She had at least 5 or 6 of them.
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I still believe this is real however this is the scoop. You all can believe as you want. It's OK.

I don't see Estrela anywhere on the figure.

The butt does say 82-83 Hasbro Made in Hong Kong but it seems harder to read - not as crisp as other 83 swivel figures I have seen. The years in particular are very hard to read.

The rivets seem to be painted - unevenly with no paint on the backside of the rivets.

The figure is still - new and mint. Never played with.

The uzi is a dark slightly glossy black. Never played with - no wear on the grip.

The ammo pack is a slightly very slightly lighter shade of black - NOT a gray accessory pack version.

Original warranty paperwork is still inside.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

So I have to ask this - Is there ZERO chance they ever used Hasbro overstock for these?

And someone else must have a swivel arm figure in this box at some point because the archive here states: "The figure itself is almost exactly like the U.S. swivel-arm version released in 1983." Someone wrote that for a reason I would suspect.

No offense dockingbay97, but there are a lot of errors here on YoJoe.com and I think you just brought up one of them. Is using Hasbro overstock a possibility? Highly unlikely. The Mexican figures were in fact molded and packaged in Mexico. US figures were molded and packaged in China/Hong Kong. Some US vehicles were indeed produced in Brazil (some of the VAMP versions) but I am only aware of one vehicle that was made for a US release that was sold in Mexico and that was a VAMP from 1982 I believe. And even then, it was a US package and it had a price sticker from Mexico. Seeing as the Mexico stuff was made will after the US counterparts, it is possible that US overstock was shipped as-is to Mexico to be sold there. But packing a US figure ina Mexico box is highly unlikely. Impossible? No. But highly unlikely.
    Take it easy,

Drew

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97 View Post
    I still believe this is real however this is the scoop. You all can believe as you want. It's OK.

I don't see Estrela anywhere on the figure.

The butt does say 82-83 Hasbro Made in Hong Kong but it seems harder to read - not as crisp as other 83 swivel figures I have seen. The years in particular are very hard to read.

The rivets seem to be painted - unevenly with no paint on the backside of the rivets.

The figure is still - new and mint. Never played with.

The uzi is a dark slightly glossy black. Never played with - no wear on the grip.

The ammo pack is a slightly very slightly lighter shade of black - NOT a gray accessory pack version.

Original warranty paperwork is still inside.

I'm sorry Sir, but I really don't think that Snake Eyes was made in Mexico, but as darthdrew13 said, not everything is bad here, your box it's in great shape, the white cardboard insert looks original, the description of the accessories matches with the mexican ones, original Auriken warranty paperwork included, you just need a nice Mexican Snake Eyes figure to complete it.

If you don't believe it is real, then don't buy it. It is OK really. I can live. Frankly I don't even care if it ever sells. It will just go back on my shelf in a few minutes.

However not a single one of us are experts on what these companies actually did. Not a single one of us worked for them. New things are being discovered still today. I see no definitive proof against it either other than "I never saw one before" or "I don't believe it." There are too many uknowns here. I think to completely disregard it might be hasty.

It is what it is. Period.

Later folks.