Why are Snow Serpents going for so much $$$? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 204
  1. #11
    All of my snow serpents have been sold too. Both vintage and modern. Why the hype?
    Curchs vintage toy paradise
    http://stores.ebay.com/CURCHS-VINTAG...ARADISE?_rdc=1

    Vehicle/Playset/Parts/Box/Blueprints Want List:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/84793...tml#post520554

    Figure/Parts/File Card Want List:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/83034...want-list.html

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #12

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    I bet he must have a HUGE collection of those figures based of that feedback list........
    Best Regards
    StkhlmDK

    ******************************
    Check out http://www.action-force.dk if you want to see my GI Joe/Action Force collection
    YoJoe Collection Profile: http://www.yojoe.com/members/YOJOE0016251
    Flickr Account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by StkhlmDK View Post
    I bet he must have a HUGE collection of those figures based of that feedback list........
    Yes he does. Last November he bought 50 of them from me and it looks like he has purchased at least 600-700 more since then.

  7. #15
    Is he trying to corner the market on Snow Serpents? Is he expecting to find dinosaur DNA in them?

    This kind of bothers me. One person can drive up the price on one particular figure despite the fact that it is not rare. It is artificial scarcity.
    G. I. Joe toy reviews and more at: https://www.youtube.com/user/HoodedCobraC788
    HoodedCobraCommander788 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hoodedcobracommander788

  8. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedCobraCommander788 View Post
    Is he trying to corner the market on Snow Serpents? Is he expecting to find dinosaur DNA in them?

    This kind of bothers me. One person can drive up the price on one particular figure despite the fact that it is not rare. It is artificial scarcity.
    Ultimately you have to scratch your head and wonder what the end game is. Say the dude corners the market and owns 80-90% of the snow serpents out there. Now what? Ok, you've got a gazillion Snow Serpents but who's going to buy them? What action figure dealer is going to give you $55-60 a figure to have a mountain of Snow Serpents as inventory? Could individual collectors want them, sure but again, you'd probably want to get $60+ a piece to make the entire endeavour worth your while. How many collectors are going to shell out that kind of scratch to have a SS? And still, say you do decide to sell to collectors- through what venue??? ebay?? ok, so you spent all this time effort and money to try and corner a market on SS jus tto turn around and resell them all and hope you get a good return on them. The dude would probably do better just slapping the cash into a mutual fund pegged to the NYSE and call it a day. Seems a lot of effort with an unknown amount of return.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

  9. #17
    Member Super Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Posts
    5,072
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    Where the hell was this guy when I had 16 complete Serps and couldn't get ish for them?

    Dammit. I always sell at the wrong time...
    I'M A MAC

    NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

    Want LiSSt...

    TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

  10. #18
    just my 2 cents,but personaly I would rather have the joe club SS- he has better paint apps in my opinion . why isn't that figure in the archive ? the two packs that came out in 07'

  11. #19
    Member Super Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Posts
    5,072
    The Flaming MOTH one?

    Snow Serpent Commander (v1) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

    Dude probably has a pile of those too.
    I'M A MAC

    NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

    Want LiSSt...

    TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

  12. #20
    That's the problem with amassing all those figures for the purpose of driving up the price and reselling them. The first few he sells will go high-- about what he paid for them, sence they're selling high right now. As more Snow Serpents get back into the market, the price will go down, so the last few he sells will be much cheaper. In the end, he'll be lucky to make back what he spent on them.

    Maybe it isn't about reselling. Maybe he's a hoarder. We may see him on the news someday, dead by avalanche of Snow Serpent figures.

    Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris View Post
    Ultimately you have to scratch your head and wonder what the end game is. Say the dude corners the market and owns 80-90% of the snow serpents out there. Now what? Ok, you've got a gazillion Snow Serpents but who's going to buy them? What action figure dealer is going to give you $55-60 a figure to have a mountain of Snow Serpents as inventory? Could individual collectors want them, sure but again, you'd probably want to get $60+ a piece to make the entire endeavour worth your while. How many collectors are going to shell out that kind of scratch to have a SS? And still, say you do decide to sell to collectors- through what venue??? ebay?? ok, so you spent all this time effort and money to try and corner a market on SS jus tto turn around and resell them all and hope you get a good return on them. The dude would probably do better just slapping the cash into a mutual fund pegged to the NYSE and call it a day. Seems a lot of effort with an unknown amount of return.
    G. I. Joe toy reviews and more at: https://www.youtube.com/user/HoodedCobraC788
    HoodedCobraCommander788 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hoodedcobracommander788

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •