Why are Snow Serpents going for so much $$$? - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    I wonder what would of happened if Black Major decided to do a run of Snow Serpents?
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is this experiment to produce a paper in a peer reviewed journal?
    G. I. Joe toy reviews and more at: https://www.youtube.com/user/HoodedCobraC788
    HoodedCobraCommander788 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hoodedcobracommander788

No. It's been a long time since I've been in school. It's really just something I want to truly understand for my own benefit. I'm hoping to one day have 200,000 of them and then I'll just liquidate them on ebay and move on!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I can't get behind that kind of manipulation of the market just for curiosity. Sorry. At least if it were done as a published experiment in economics, it would have some value. If it isn't done with scientifically with sufficient controls, it won't prove anything of any worthwhile value. I can sympathize with collectors who are finding it difficult to nail down a Snow Serpent at a decent price, and who face an inevitable deflation of that figure when the market is flooded again.
    G. I. Joe toy reviews and more at: https://www.youtube.com/user/HoodedCobraC788
    HoodedCobraCommander788 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hoodedcobracommander788

That's why I responded to the various people who have questions about this. Hoping people don't think of snow serpents as an investment item! What Iearn is for my own benefit, I just don't want some person to buy 50 snow serpents hoping they will be worth $100 someday.

Are you brian, the owner of joesparts?

Are you brian kossin?, the owner of joesparts?

so I'm going over your numbers,32,331 figures & lets say you spent a average of $15 for each figure- that comes out to a sum of $484965.00 !! so I'm gonna round it up to a even half million for some action figures !! well obviously not SOME , but the point I'm making here is why not do something better with that kind of money ? I could give a $h!t less about the fact that they are now so expensive , I have a descent enough collection of them for display purposes & I just won a incomplete one for less then $2( the link is on the previous page) , on eBay !! you just need to know where to look & be patient to find them. & I don't have a problem with what you do with your money or to the hobby itself- it just seems a little difficult to comprehend the reasoning I guess ? if I could throw that kind of money away , I would want to have something to show for it. I'm over 40 & a grandfather, I guess I'm just thinking differently ? anyway I wish the best to you & I hope what you do makes you happy . I don't mean to sound judgmental or anything, its just big numbers to think & talk about for a action figure that isn't really worth much in the grand scheme of things ? well just not to me I guess ? OH yeah Thanks for posting, its been a real eye opener to the hobby I think ?

I get how it appears from outside....it's not an either or scenario....I'm a married father of three...I've been blessed, our family lives quite well...I think very few people ever get the opportunity to truly control a market and then consider the implications of their actions and then consider what they can do with what they have learned...I am.in that process right now...and I can tell you it's been very interesting...both in the responses I've had here and in the personal emails and enquires I've received...never occurred to me that anyone would be this interested in my actions...all part of the journey!

Quote Originally Posted by erichpersson View Post
    Are you brian, the owner of joesparts?
    I am. Thanks for the order.
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !