Why are Snow Serpents going for so much $$$? - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Just email me any time you have anything 85 snow serpent related...I will obviously buy everything you get!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

But to get back to your question....fraud is a part of any closed system...currency or even gi joe...probably 2% of my orders contain mi stated parts or accessories....the similarities between 85 and 25th anniversary may lead to some honest mistakes but others have tried to take advantage...I've even had people sell non original guns that look very close and some back packs too...for me counterfeit items are just part of the process!!! And paypal and ebay have protected me on a few occasions as well!!

This is pretty interesting Erich. I have a couple of questions though.
    1) What made you choose the Snow Serpent? Was he your personal favorite? Was it just random?
    2) Would you be willing to share a picture? I'd love to see what that many figures looks like in one spot.
    3) Do you plan on sharing your findings, if any? I'm always interested in markets, so I'd be curious to see what conclusions you come up with.

Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by navy viper View Post
    but the point I'm making here is why not do something better with that kind of money ?
    Given the finances, I personally wouldn't do something like this with my money. However I also don't agree with others telling me or anyone else what we should do with our money. We are evolving (if you want to call it that) to a society that looks more for someone else to give them what they want rather than working for it. That is because the lines got blurred between those incapable of helping themselves and those that are unwilling to help them selves. But society somehow society is expected to help both. If someone has legitimately and legally worked his way spend a crap ton of cash on Snow Serpents, well it is his money. You guys wanted to know why he was buying them all up, he answered.

But Erich, I will say that I think the negative responses received were probably more for the grain of sand comment more than anything else. It probably could have been left out.

I created an account solely to state the following:

Over the course of several months I have sold numerous Snow Serpents to Eric Persson - he has paid immediately and has left feedback to the effect that his valid name is Eric Persson and his mission is to buy Snow Serpents. Like it or not, I have no reason to doubt any of his claims -all information I have on these transactions lines up with what he has stated - location, name, purchasing habits. I'm rather interested in seeing where this experiment goes. If anyone out there is mad that they might have to pay more for a snow serpent - just buy a lot of figures that has a snow serpent in it and shut up.

Hi Erich,

Congrats on being so successful with your life that you can indulge yourself like this. I for one applaud you and wish you all the best with your venture.

Now how about a pic of all those snow serpents, dont be a stevie d!
    Last edited by Geek-Viper; 08-25-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: No Need To Insult A Persons Financial Situation

Good lord... This topic douched up quite a bit since I was here last.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
    This is pretty interesting Erich. I have a couple of questions though.
    1) What made you choose the Snow Serpent? Was he your personal favorite? Was it just random?
    2) Would you be willing to share a picture? I'd love to see what that many figures looks like in one spot.
    3) Do you plan on sharing your findings, if any? I'm always interested in markets, so I'd be curious to see what conclusions you come up with.

Thanks.
    1. I chose the snow serpent because 1985 was the largest production run in GI Joe...there are roughly 800,000 made. This would have been an easier experiment with an 82 Stalker, because there were less made and less parts. The 85 snow serpent was and is my favorite figure from ThE 85 collection....it also has nine pieces counting the file card...so I figured there would be less total completes out there.
    2. I box them as I get them and place them in individual bubbles for inventory purposes...I promise when this is all done and categorized I will put them all together and take some pictures...maybe I'll get in guiness world records...who knows...then when I'm done I'll sell them all on ebay in a massive liquidation purge and start the next adventure....I'll keep a few hundred for sure so my son can play with them...I hope he likes gi joe as much as i did
    3. Sure when this is all complete and I've drawn conclusions I will post the results here and I'd be interested in everyone's feedback...even thatcranky inner city "academic"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91 View Post
    Given the finances, I personally wouldn't do something like this with my money. However I also don't agree with others telling me or anyone else what we should do with our money. We are evolving (if you want to call it that) to a society that looks more for someone else to give them what they want rather than working for it. That is because the lines got blurred between those incapable of helping themselves and those that are unwilling to help them selves. But society somehow society is expected to help both. If someone has legitimately and legally worked his way spend a crap ton of cash on Snow Serpents, well it is his money. You guys wanted to know why he was buying them all up, he answered.

But Erich, I will say that I think the negative responses received were probably more for the grain of sand comment more than anything else. It probably could have been left out.

I understand the feedback....I've been getting enquires from people who wonder what my motivations are and more importantly wonder if snow serpents are a good investment....I've become worried that some people are buying these guys hoping they will make money....I made that comment because I wanted people to understand that this endeavor shouldn't be considered an investment, it's more something I am interested in....I don't want people who can't afford it to get hurt when I sell them off...didn't mean to offend anyone...just don't want people mislead...sorry for the harshness of the comment