Why are Snow Serpents going for so much $$$? - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Actually I enjoy my large house and my ACTON figures...Im also active in my community and donate to charity...why would any of these things be considered mutually exclusive or either or??? "SCRAPIRON" your whiny angry attitude is both amusing and sad at the same time...
    Last edited by erichpersson; 08-27-2014 at 08:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbot View Post
    Whole lot of sour grapes toward a successful dude setting out on a fascinating personal experiment that isn't hurting anyone. Personally I'm fascinated by folks who pass righteous judgment on others, while believing they are doing all this "good" in the world.
    Self-righteous judgement? On a guy who initially insulted the common folk with the comment that the amount he is spending is just "a few grains of sand on the beach"? The more we encourage greedy behaviour like this, the more of it occurs. Maybe this discussion will help him take stock of his wasteful behaviour....self-RIGHTEOUS judgement intended, as I have the RIGHT to do so, just as he has the RIGHT to blow cash. Am I doing good in the world? Hopefully,......by not laying down and letting someone with a lousy attitude and a lot of cash insult everyone here....Oh, yeah, that would include you. Is HE doing any good? For himself, sure.

Sour grapes? Nah. I applaud him for working hard and being successful, but with great power comes great RESPONSIBILITY. I'll criticize him on that all day long, and you, too.
    "Why ask why?" - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by erichpersson View Post
    Actually I enjoy my large house and my ACTON figures...Im also active in my community and donate to charity...why would any of these things be considered mutually exclusive or either or??? "SCRAPIRON" your whiny angry attitude is both amusing and sad at the same time...
    I applaud your community activity, but have questioned your judgement and character, as I have been called whiny and low-brow and unsuccessful. Your air of superiority was unnecessary, and I initially called you on it, rather civilly, I might add. Your hostility in return made me want to egg you and others on and get a discussion rolling, true I've engaged in debate, while others have just called names. I've questioned logic. Is that a crime? No more than having a big house with lots of action figures. Angry attitude? I think you're confusing the tone with disappointment in resource allocation, with a hint of societal dismay. See, I work with inner-city youth who could only ever hope to have a sliver of what you are throwing away (and not capitalizing on through investing). I don't know how much you see in your involvement, and hopefully it isn't a lot of glad-handing and photo ops, but I see the poverty daily. Whiny? Nah. Disappointed in your cavalier attitude? Sure. You find me amusing because the air is so thin up there.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thank you for defending us against him, Uncle Ben! Your cause is just, and your jealous tirade is...uh... is weak and confusing (?). I've got nothing else except that when I save enough money I am going to blow it on a fully drivable Michael Keaton Batmobile. Criticize that...

Quote Originally Posted by scrapiron View Post
    I applaud your community activity, but have questioned your judgement and character, as I have been called whiny and low-brow and unsuccessful. Your air of superiority was unnecessary, and I initially called you on it, rather civilly, I might add. Your hostility in return made me want to egg you and others on and get a discussion rolling, true I've engaged in debate, while others have just called names. I've questioned logic. Is that a crime? No more than having a big house with lots of action figures. Angry attitude? I think you're confusing the tone with disappointment in resource allocation, with a hint of societal dismay. See, I work with inner-city youth who could only ever hope to have a sliver of what you are throwing away (and not capitalizing on through investing). I don't know how much you see in your involvement, and hopefully it isn't a lot of glad-handing and photo ops, but I see the poverty daily. Whiny? Nah. Disappointed in your cavalier attitude? Sure. You find me amusing because the air is so thin up there.
    I didn't call you whiny, low brow and unsuccesful...I called you a whiny little bitch who is both sad and amusing all at the same time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbot View Post
    Thank you for defending us against him, Uncle Ben! Your cause is just, and your jealous tirade is...uh... is weak and confusing (?). I've got nothing else except that when I save enough money I am going to blow it on a fully drivable Michael Keaton Batmobile. Criticize that...
    Jealous? Really, no........If you've been reading, I've said DISAPPOINTING......Weak and confusing?..........that's really the response I'd expect from any of those endorsing this dude's behaviour and attitude; ya just don't get it and likely never will, friend. And speaking of weak, if all you've got is a trite and insincere, yet charmingly hyperboleic, threat to spend a lot of money thinking it'll make me mad, you should probably go back to the Batcave. I'm not some raging guy shaking a fist in the sky, man, unlike your friend and his posse. Engaging in a healthy debate doesn't equate to whiny and angry and jealous. In fact, that sounds a lot like what a seven-year-old would say! I hope you enjoy the Batmobile, as it will likely increase in value. Personally, though, I like the Batman Begins-mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by erichpersson View Post
    I didn't call you whiny, low brow and unsuccesful...I called you a whiny little bitch who is both sad and amusing all at the same time!!
    Are you this abusive to your family, or just over the Net? Does it feel good? Is that your go-to defense mechanism? The mouth of an adolescent tough guy? Seems odd that someone so successful can't take any criticism...You'd figure that at your level higher-ups would be quick to point out things that don't jive with them. Or do you treat only your subordinates at work like that?

Quote Originally Posted by scrapiron View Post
    Are you this abusive to your family, or just over the Net? Does it feel good? Is that your go-to defense mechanism? The mouth of an adolescent tough guy? Seems odd that someone so successful can't take any criticism...You'd figure that at your level higher-ups would be quick to point out things that don't jive with them. Or do you treat only your subordinates at work like that?
    Are you really that delusional that you don't understand that it was you who started to attack me, you called me a liar...you should check your posts and if you have any ability at all to be introspective you will realize that from post one you were negative, rude and judgmental...my posts have nothing to do with being on a chat board "scrapiron" my screen name is my name..a simple Google search will absolutely identify me and provide contact info....go on instagram...my screen name is the same there also...you will see my wife my children my life...and maybe just maybe you will realize what an asshole you've been....you aren't debating anything...you aren't standing up for the people on this board...they can talk for themselves...what you are doing is passing judgment on a person you've never met, have no context for their whole being, and you make yourself look ridiculous...I doubt you will take a moment to think about what you've written, but you said I suffered from a child hood trauma, you questioned my veracity regarding my employment, you called me many names, all under the anonymous title of "scrapiron" you should check yourself before you slander me one more time... fair warning

Looking at this post.....it got out of hand, and I've been unfair to Erich...His last post summed up a lot of the tone this post has taken. I've apologized to him personally through messaging. Hopefully, no hard feelings linger, folks.

Nice.

Hopefully I'll be around when the market for Snow Serpents loosens up. At least we can all rest assured they're in good hands until that time.