Why are Snow Serpents going for so much $$$? - Page 18

yojoe.com

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ridetofight View Post
    I personally wouldn't, but I don't think I'm better or smarter or more philanthropic than anyone else for that decision. If I had it, I would give it to you, my friend, to spend any way YOU want to. Since, y'know, that's what this is about. Hopefully you would move to a beautiful, secluded home in the woods and stop bothering people.
    Guess the giggles ended when you had to step up to the plate yourself. Don't worry, we all get the jitters sometimes. Maybe you'll eventually come up with something? Sorry for bothering you with such a puzzler.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh, I'm still giggling. I know it's probably a tad narcissistic to giggle at your own put-downs on people, but I loved the part where I wished you would move away and stop bothering people. Every time I stop giggling, I think about how much more true we continue to make it, and I giggle even more. In all honesty, I know exactly what I would do with that much dough, but 1.) I don't need your edification on my personal dealings, and 2.) I imagine you really frustrated not knowing, and not having more fodder to continue your attempts to belittle me as well. I have to go mow the lawn, I'll stop in later. Gonna listen to some Taylor Swift while I do it. Gonna rule.

Basically, Nero9000's response represents much of what's wrong with society. He equates the use of money as a means to improve societies ills. You'll note in my only response to him that it's not money our society needs, it's caring people who would rather help lift each other up than tear them down.

" improving society starts with yourself, being a caring person, making educated comments, inspiring people to do better."

Nothing in that quote costs money, just time and human effort. Unfortunately Nero9000 would rather engage in hostility and basic nastiness. He will undoubtedy not be introspective about his comments, and will instead come back with some thoughtless, negative retort, never understanding that the attitude he is showcasing is in large part a major ill of our society. He believes that angry, judgmental posts (verbal actions to a stranger) are somehow not as destructive as physical actions. When in fact, both are wrong and hurtful.

Instead of judging a stranger, he might want to better understand them not suggest they see a "psychiatrist" as he said to me. I feel bad for him, there seems to be a lot of hostility and anger that he chooses to vent by belittling a stranger in a manner that seems anonymous.... I mean even his Emoji seems angry... But the truth is I use my real name, I don't hide behind a screen name like "Nero9000" and I am proud of most of my actions... I do my best, I only responded to this thread because I received multiple requests by people wondering what my motivation is.

I don't feel any need to defend it, as my family is well taken care of, my children are growing up healthy and happy, my wife owns 28 restaurants and employees over 600 people.... I work hard in my day job, we dedicate time and resources to many charities, and I am surrounded by friends....

Nero, I hope you find some positive things in your life, your words aren't constructive, they are destructive, but really they just consume and destroy you...

God Bless

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I love this thread, it shows the highs & lows of what people can be. Its some of the most interesting & entertaining posts I've ever read on any toy forum. I wish all of you the best

Quote Originally Posted by erichpersson View Post
    Basically, Nero9000's response represents much of what's wrong with society. He equates the use of money as a means to improve societies ills. You'll note in my only response to him that it's not money our society needs, it's caring people who would rather help lift each other up than tear them down.

" improving society starts with yourself, being a caring person, making educated comments, inspiring people to do better."

Nothing in that quote costs money, just time and human effort. Unfortunately Nero9000 would rather engage in hostility and basic nastiness. He will undoubtedy not be introspective about his comments, and will instead come back with some thoughtless, negative retort, never understanding that the attitude he is showcasing is in large part a major ill of our society. He believes that angry, judgmental posts (verbal actions to a stranger) are somehow not as destructive as physical actions. When in fact, both are wrong and hurtful.

Instead of judging a stranger, he might want to better understand them not suggest they see a "psychiatrist" as he said to me. I feel bad for him, there seems to be a lot of hostility and anger that he chooses to vent by belittling a stranger in a manner that seems anonymous.... I mean even his Emoji seems angry... But the truth is I use my real name, I don't hide behind a screen name like "Nero9000" and I am proud of most of my actions... I do my best, I only responded to this thread because I received multiple requests by people wondering what my motivation is.

I don't feel any need to defend it, as my family is well taken care of, my children are growing up healthy and happy, my wife owns 28 restaurants and employees over 600 people.... I work hard in my day job, we dedicate time and resources to many charities, and I am surrounded by friends....

Nero, I hope you find some positive things in your life, your words aren't constructive, they are destructive, but really they just consume and destroy you...

God Bless
    How can you say I'm being thoughtless and nasty? I'm the only one who cares about a stranger enough to give him the intervention he so badly needs. Everyone else is just spurring you on.

All of my "negative" comments were a part of a critique of your collecting habits, not you as a person. Since you've taken the effort to come here and explain your research strategy I figured you invited discussion and critique of it. The fact you respond with completely unrelated potshots about avatars and screen names makes me suspect your self-esteem is hanging by a very thin thread. You don't feel the need to defend your collecting, yet here you are? I think there's a part of you that's quite rightly embarrassed by this endeavor of yours, and it's that part I'm writing this post for. You've probably learned what you're going to learn from the buying phase, and it's time to move on to the selling phase.

Love and kisses.

Quote Originally Posted by nero9000 View Post
    I've heard a lot of sad collector stories, but this must really take the cake. With that kind of money one could really make a difference in society and change people's lives. Instead... dicking around with Snow Serpents. That's realizing the American dream.
    dude its his money his time his choice what to do with it. you don't know him so who are you to judge?

From what I can tell he came on here to explain what was going on to collectors who were wondering. he even went as far as giving a PSA to those misinformed who think collecting gi joes is an investment (and i will too if anyone thinks collecting joes is an investment you will be wrong buy them because they make you happy and that's it).

If it's that important to you do what you can to make the world a better place and change people's live and inspire others to do the same. Being positive is much more inspirational than being negative IMHO.

And all this time I thought someone was trying corner the market on the old ones before Black Major produced reproduction ones.

I'm a little sad since I really think this is one figure Black Major could have been done in a lot of new paint schemes.

Well now I'll wait to see these Snow Serpents sold off in lots....in a couple of years.
    Gi joe helped me to learn to swim! And knowing was half the battle!
    Skystriker's to Trade list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...414#post287414
    Skystriker's Wants list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...413#post287413
    Skystriker's Body Parts wants /trade http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=64536
    Here's some pics of my stuff http://www.flickr.com/photos/11325406@N03/

Quote Originally Posted by erichpersson View Post
    The precise number is 32,331 as of yesterday.
    32,331 (probably more now I guess) Geeze, I think that is more Snow Serpents then what is on Cobra Commander's payroll lol

With that volume of figures, I would imagine that the condition of the figures would run the gamut. I was wondering how durable has the figure been these past 30 years. What I mean is breakage, like broken thumbs, crotches, and any other possible breaks
    So much to do, so many things to distract me.
    Check out what I've been doing at JoeDios here

Quote Originally Posted by sithviper View Post
    32,331 (probably more now I guess) Geeze, I think that is more Snow Serpents then what is on Cobra Commander's payroll lol

With that volume of figures, I would imagine that the condition of the figures would run the gamut. I was wondering how durable has the figure been these past 30 years. What I mean is breakage, like broken thumbs, crotches, and any other possible breaks
    Thumbs And crotches are basically good on the 85 series....the most common issue is paint wear on the nose and yellowing of figures....loose joints happen, and lots of replaced o rings...

Besides erich, did you already state that you will be selling the figures off (probably at a loss) when you have finished the experiment? Sure you may be hoarding them now, but it won't be forever.

What's the current tally? I love this experiment.
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821