The "Not Quite" Joes - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Matrix
    As simple as the idea of repainting the ninjas into Ermac and Rain. It just something I never thought of until your post. Great idea!
    Yup!! Am still finding a way of inserting them into my Joe-verse tho...

Something I am working on is how the Black Dragon & his ancestors participate in an unholy battle known as Mortal Kombat & on a secluded part of Cobra Island - while the rest of the island is only being "rented" by Cobra Commander

I dunno, lame am sure but does somebody else have a better idea?
    New eBayID: the_faceless_master

Old eBayID: dreytopia

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Heck, anything's possible - Shadowloo can fit in with Cobra as a rival organization very, very easily.

Of course, one must wonder what Street Fighter Alpha and 3 figures would've been like. I mean, come on - Birdie's already basically a Dreadnok.

Quote Originally Posted by donsbabyboo
    I dunno, lame am sure but does somebody else have a idea?
    Black Dragon takes over whats left of the Arashikage Clan grounds and holds a competition of best ninja warrior. The prize: the clan grounds and young master's hide. Naturally SE and SS return to the area to fight for their clan and master.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd really like to see a custom Kano figure in the convention Black Dragon colors. I think I will eventually make Rain, Ermac, and Noob Saibot as well. But while I was thinking about that, I started wondering what other MK & SF characters could easily be made with a repaint.

The first one to come to mind was Evil Ryu. But then it occurred to me that the player 2/ driver figure was already practically the same thing.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/ryu2.shtml

Now I might use him as the evil version. Are there any other simple repaints that can result in new characters?

Well, I already mentioned messing with some Dreadnok parts to make Birdie, but that's more of a custom than a repaint. There are probably some Cobra figures that would make great Cyrax and Sektor figures.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by notpicard
    I'd really like to see a custom Kano figure in the convention Black Dragon colors.
    That would be kewl, BUT <I am not an MK guru> there are actually TWO warring factions in the MK world, the Red Dragons & the Black Dragons, and Kano unfortunately is a Red Dragon...
    Minor technicallity, but I actually wanted to do the exact same thing that you were planning.

Thats an awesome idea making Dragon Fortress Ryu, <which BTW is available on www.gijoehq.com right now> as Evil Ryu.
    I always wanted to customize an Akuma but couldnt find any decent figs to do so...

Wait... Birdie IS Gnawgahyde... with different skin color and a mohawk.

Quote Originally Posted by donsbabyboo
    That would be kewl, BUT <I am not an MK guru> there are actually TWO warring factions in the MK world, the Red Dragons & the Black Dragons, and Kano unfortunately is a Red Dragon...
    I'm no MK expert either, so perhaps it was revealed at some point that he was working for the Red Dragon (which I have never heard of). I loved MK from the first game through MK Trilogy. And for that time frame I think he was always a member of the Black Dragon. It is also on his filecard (and on the bio screen of the game if you don't press start):

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/actfig/mk/kanofc.jpg

Red face

ACK!!! MY mistake
    was thinking of another character named Mavado, not Kano
    you're right

m bison is field commander of my crimson guard
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.