My Haul Today

yojoe.com

Thread: My Haul Today

My Haul Today

I was in a collectibles shop yesterday and over heard a customer tell the owner he wanted to sell his joes and agreed to come back later. I asked the owner if he bought them, I would like first crack at them. He told me I could as long as I sorted the pieces from him. He called me last night and said he had bought the collection and I could have first crack at them today.

I went to the store today, sorted everything and he said he would give me a deal on anything I wanted. I got a complete Steel Brigade, a Super Trooper (sans helmet), a Rolling Thunder (missing the stickers and a couple of the yellow missiles) and some other odds and ends I needed all for $60. The store owner told me he would call me if he has any other collections come in. I think I did o.k.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wink

you should have cut out the middle man on that one
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

Quote Originally Posted by yo-man2
    you should have cut out the middle man on that one
    That's what I was thinking. The store owner probably paid they guy $60 for the entire collection. Then you came in and did all the work of organizing it for him. Now he has his money back and all the figures ready to sell with no effort on his part.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you liked what you got for the price you paid then you did good. You have to remember its all in the eye of the beholder. So congratulations.

However, personally unless the other items I got were fantastic I think I would have been ripped. I mean if I got the mast cap, y pins, deck clips, and fantail railing to the Flagg then I would feel I did well. Well then again it would also depends on the steel brigade figure I picked up. If it was the gold head, then I scored. And again this is only MHO.
    Parts needed --- buy or trade!!
    Night Striker -- vertical veins & horizontal veins
    Dreadnok stinger -- Drivers door
    CAT -- gun tip, battery cover