Is there a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover on the horizon from Fun Publications?

yojoe.com

Is there a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover on the horizon from Fun Publications?

Okay, maybe I'm looking too deeply into this, but just yesterday the official Transformers Collectors Club Tweeted the following:

"2nd reveal in two weeks and will send shockwaves across fandoms!!!"

Okay, first and foremost, when talking about Transformers, the word "Shockwaves" always brings a little twinkle to my eye, simply because he's one of my favorite characters in Transformers lore. Another little curiosity, though was the word "fandoms". Note the plural.

Then as if those weren't enough clues, guess who Retweeted that Tweet? Yeah, you guessed it, the G.I. Joe Collectors Club:

"Interesting... “@The_TF_Club: 2nd reveal in two weeks and will send shockwaves across fandoms!!!”

Considering the "reveal" is mentioned by the Transformers side of the Collectors Club, it would seem evident that this is a Transformers item with potential G.I. Joe connections. Will this lead to more mixing of the two universes going forward? That will be interesting to see.

Kudos to the Club(s) for at least keeping things somewhat interesting in a slow news cycle for the G.I. Joe side of the house.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobra_decepticon.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	50651
    Managing Editor YoJoe.com
    Webmaster GeneralsJoes.com
    Reviews, News, and Opinions

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by General_Hawk View Post
    Okay, maybe I'm looking too deeply into this, but just yesterday the official Transformers Collectors Club Tweeted the following:
    "2nd reveal in two weeks and will send shockwaves across fandoms!!!"

Okay, first and foremost, when talking about Transformers, the word "Shockwaves" always brings a little twinkle to my eye, simply because he's one of my favorite characters in Transformers lore. Another little curiosity, though was the word "fandoms". Note the plural.

Then as if those weren't enough clues, guess who Retweeted that Tweet? Yeah, you guessed it, the G.I. Joe Collectors Club:
    "Interesting... “@The_TF_Club: 2nd reveal in two weeks and will send shockwaves across fandoms!!!”

Considering the "reveal" is mentioned by the Transformers side of the Collectors Club, it would seem evident that this is a Transformers item with potential G.I. Joe connections. Will this lead to more mixing of the two universes going forward? That will be interesting to see.

Kudos to the Club(s) for at least keeping things somewhat interesting in a slow news cycle for the G.I. Joe side of the house.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobra_decepticon.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	50651

Perhaps it is a continuation of the Serpent.or reveal.

Transformers Collectors Club reveals FSS 3.0 Serpent OR at Botcon | Generals Joes – A blog about the importance (or unimportance) of little plastic men
    Founder/Owner of OG13.com (A Community for Collectors)
    Owner of OGToys, at www.ogtoys.com/ (we buy and sell toys!)

I really dont like the idee! They losing something from their identity with it! Just hope they wont do a TF/GI Joe film!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't see any major innovation like a transforming HISS but I do see potential in re-decos of some of the TF molds.
    SnowCat, The Awestriker, The Conquest, There is an A10 molded TF.
    Not outside the realm of possibility. I am all for a GIJOE TF film. Notice who gets top billing in that statement. Besides the humans are the main focus in TF movies, why not make those humans distinct GIJOE characters? The last TF film fell flat. No military. Why not put in some military with flavor and flare like the Joes?

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    I don't see any major innovation like a transforming HISS but I do see potential in re-decos of some of the TF molds.
    SnowCat, The Awestriker, The Conquest, There is an A10 molded TF.
    Not outside the realm of possibility. I am all for a GIJOE TF film. Notice who gets top billing in that statement. Besides the humans are the main focus in TF movies, why not make those humans distinct GIJOE characters? The last TF film fell flat. No military. Why not put in some military with flavor and flare like the Joes?
    Yeah, I was bored watching "Frasier" vs. Optimus Prime. I'd rather see Cobra!

Quote Originally Posted by seaneley View Post
    Yeah, I was bored watching "Frasier" vs. Optimus Prime. I'd rather see Cobra!
    I didn't see it, but now that you worded it that way, I WANT to see it!
    Founder/Owner of OG13.com (A Community for Collectors)
    Owner of OGToys, at www.ogtoys.com/ (we buy and sell toys!)

Going to mess with your minds a bit.

What if they did a GIJOE Transformers story, but it was set in the Worlds Without End Universe. Cobra is in charge. Megatron would of course be their enemy So would the Autobots join the Joes and Megatron to defeat Cobra?
    Would the Autobots join Cobra since Cobra is the dominant government force and spoke for the people? After all the Joes are terrorists and revolutionaries in that universe. At first sight that is the way things would appear.

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Going to mess with your minds a bit.

What if they did a GIJOE Transformers story, but it was set in the Worlds Without End Universe. Cobra is in charge. Megatron would of course be their enemy So would the Autobots join the Joes and Megatron to defeat Cobra?
    Would the Autobots join Cobra since Cobra is the dominant government force and spoke for the people? After all the Joes are terrorists and revolutionaries in that universe. At first sight that is the way things would appear.
    Whoa! Whoa there, big fella! Let's not get too cosmic too fast! You're-you're freakin' me out!