$5 Thunderwing coupon @ TRU

yojoe.com

$5 Thunderwing coupon @ TRU

Last week after work I headed over to my local TRU to take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free Joe sale and I noticed that there were still signs up advertising the free package of Joe figures w/ purchase of the new movie. Since I was planning on picking up the movie eventually, I went ahead and snagged a copy. Ended up getting the DVD & 4 packs of figures for $33...not a bad deal.

I then noticed that there was a coupon on the DVD for $5 off the Thunderwing jet @ TRU. They had one Thunderwing left stashed away behind those large marquees above the shelves...w/ the free Ace figure in the package. Even @ $25 I'm not sure if it is a worthy buy. I love the look of the jet, I just don't normally buy vehicles, esp. the larger ones. I am planning on hanging the few aircraft that I still have from my ceiling in my office @ home, but I'm not sure if I could get this jet to hang.

Dumb question to all of you, but is it worth $25? I only have so much cash to spend on my hobby seeing how my wedding in on New Year's Day. With Wave 4 hitting the shelves now and still being in the hunt for the $2 Joe packs...I'm having a hard time deciding. Any help or kind words would be great!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up

That jet is easily worth $25 - especially at TRU with the extra pilot.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up

The jet is probably the best one I have seen. I was skeptical at first, but after getting it (using the 5 dollar coupon you talked about) my opinion of it went through the roof. Great jet and even better with two pilots!!

before you buy it get the sale advertisement from Target, which says 15% off all Joes, which comes to $25. So have TRU price match that then use the coupon and get an additional $5 off: $20, which it is more than worth.

if TRU wants to give you a hard time about using the coupon on top of the price matching, tell them you can get it at Target for the same price of $25, so if they want your business they better take it.

or you can do what I am doing and wait for Target to clearance the Thunderwing, which you know they will do, and get it for $7 like they clearanced the Patriot Grizzly to. right now, every Target I know has stocked the entire upper shelf with Thunderwings so you know they will just sit even through Christmas and will get clearanced by the beginning of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingercbr
    or you can do what I am doing and wait for Target to clearance the Thunderwing, which you know they will do, and get it for $7 like they clearanced the Patriot Grizzly to.
    Good idea. I did notice how many TWs they had on my last visit.

Is the Ace figure that is packaged w/ the TRU version of the TW the same figure that was packaged w/ the Tiger Hawk jet?

Quote Originally Posted by flywheels
    Is the Ace figure that is packaged w/ the TRU version of the TW the same figure that was packaged w/ the Tiger Hawk jet?
    identical.

Thunderwing is well worth getting. It is also worth mentioning that if you bought the Thunderwing prior to getting the coupon, they will refund the $5 after the fact. Just take your reciept and coupon to the customer service desk. They did for me, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingercbr
    before you buy it get the sale advertisement from Target, which says 15% off all Joes, which comes to $25. So have TRU price match that then use the coupon and get an additional $5 off: $20, which it is more than worth.

if TRU wants to give you a hard time about using the coupon on top of the price matching, tell them you can get it at Target for the same price of $25, so if they want your business they better take it.
    TRU will not match the Target price. They will only match an advertised price not a percentage off sale.

As far as the Thunderwing it is really a great vehicle. When I first opened it I felt like i was five again. Flying it all over my house dropping bombs and shooting missiles at things. It's well worth the 25 dollars.