Need some advice about some bad luck

yojoe.com

Need some advice about some bad luck

Ok as some of you know I've been searching for Killer Whale parts. Yesterday I got a second Whale that I was told was only missing the cycle and Cutter figure. Well that was a lie because it was missing a few other parts and about 10 % of what was there was broken. I ended up combining the parts to make an almost complete Whale. Now today I got four parts in, and 3 of the 4 parts are broken. Also I get an e-mail from another guy who I brought parts from telling me that he may not be able to cash my Money Order because it's a US Postal MO and not an International one. Apparently my money is no good in Canada...lol This has been a gaint pain from day one. Considering the guy at Nobel auction stated in his ebay ad from the first Whale that it was in good condition. Well I guess according to him "good condition" means every part he supplied with it was broken and one part actually goes to the Cobra Rattle.
    So the advice I need is this...
    1. Should I try for two complete Whales
    2. Cut my losses and trade the incomplete one off

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Unfortunately it's true about the US Postal Money Order. If you send to Canada, make sure you ask at the post office for the pink International MO. Most sellers ask for the International postal MO specifically in their listings. I'm not sure about money orders from Wal-Mart, etc.

But your question - to complete two or trade one?

I've had five complete Whales in and out of my hands over the past four years. That's 100% complete, nothing broken.

I currently have one that's missing one set of vanes and another that's stripped. Those vanes are getting harder and harder to find intact, let alone in sets. I'd honestly shoot for one complete and trade or part out the other.
    I just parted out my spare and made enough to buy more parts for other vehicles with a pair of unbroken vanes thrown in.

Where it'd be cool to have two complete, trying to get those unbroken vanes is a pain - right, K-Town?

That said, whoever the seller is should have a bit more integrity than that.
    Unless the auction was listed AS-IS, you have a right to the item that was described. If it was misrepresented, you have the right to at least a partial refund. But that is ONLY if the item was misrepresented, the description was vague, or the pictures weren't clear. If that's the case, you can pursue it through eBay (and PayPal if you paid that way).

Just had an auction for Stinger parts, and the only part I needed to complete my Stinger - the missile launcher - showed up missing a tab, with no broken pieces floating around in the box, or I'd have glued it. A quick email to the seller describing the situation, and he refunded the cost of the auction, even though I told him that wasn't necessary.

You can always ask! If the seller is an honest businessman, he'd offer some sort of resolution.

I actually did asked the guy from Nobel Auction to correct the but his reply wasn't very kind. I tried pursuing it through ebay and they stated in a round about way it's not their problem. However the US Post Office is willing to pursue the matter. As for the one I got yesterday I haven't said anything to the seller yet.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

College Station, TX - home of Texas A&M University
    Yeah, unfortunately you won't have much luck a lot of times with pursuing anything if the item was listed as "good condition" or something like that. That type of listing can cover a lot of ground and usually lets sellers get away with quite a bit.
    Britt
    ELD-0018

ithik orion give good advice-
    part out what you have , and buy one complete, cut your losses a little
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

Ebay = ALWAYS pay with a credit card via Paypal.

Stupid ebay and paypal rules only go after sellers in the first 30 days, so all the deadbeats get away with robbing people blind.

Take your information into the bank or call the credit card company and dispute the charges. Have prrof of the listing and the actual item. The response from the seller. The credit card company always leans on the side of the consumer.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by orionlukteel
    Unfortunately it's true about the US Postal Money Order. If you send to Canada, make sure you ask at the post office for the pink International MO. Most sellers ask for the International postal MO specifically in their listings. I'm not sure about money orders from Wal-Mart, etc.
    As long as it says [i]"International"[i/] money order it can be cashed outside of the U.S.

Perhaps you can trade off the incomplete one for the parts you are looking for?
    I missed my chance to get one. An acquaintance(uncle is my friend) of mine sold his on eBay. I didn't even know he had it.
    Good news is he has a complete USS Flagg which he won't sell on eBay because it is too huge. Any ideas on what I should offer him?