Transformers vs GIJOE 2

yojoe.com

Transformers vs GIJOE 2

*****possible spoilers in thread******

Issue 2
    The Joes, take a field trip to Cybertron with the Defiant.
    They use the creeper bombs, now called green bombs, which must mean they are like roll-less TP, good for the environment.
    We get to see some Insecticons, Trypticon, Devastator, and a smattering of Autobots, who once again are pariahs on their own world ruled by Megatron.
    No really, he rules them, the 'cepticons treat him like royalty, sickening almost.
    They have good reason to though, just ask the 'cepticon who had a hole blown through him.
    Some Autobots are captured, Brawn captures the Joes, the Defiant goes boom. Gee I hope the space bridge is operational, or the Joes are kinda stranded.

I get why people are saying this is a "fun" book. It is mindless, just autobots vs decepts or Joes vs all of Cybertron. Then it gives a chance to just toss in whatever character is fancied for the day.
    What if...kinda scenarios.
    (still not big on the art)
    I have yet to read page by page summary, but I will soon enough.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have the free comic book day issue and personally, the art is kinda terrible. I do not see the "Kirby influence" at all, and it reminds me of art from a cheap dollar store coloring book. I have not bought any of the issues because of this. This is just my opinion.
    The Joe Collectin' "Geek"

Just got it, and I think it's the best by far. Watching the Defiant shuttle make a bomb run made me want to pop in Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyries". It was fantastic! Lots of fun... Still don't know why every writer puts Scarlett in charge of the Joes. She's only an E-5 sergeant, but she gives orders like a General. No Snake-Eyes. Still not sure why he shot Hawk last issue. Didn't really accomplish much, considering he obviously was targeting the Decepticons. Glad Wild Bill survived after his "suicide mission". I don't think any kid who ever owned the toy Defiant conceived of it being decimated in quite that way. You have to see it to believe it. Clutch's first "communication" with Megatron was priceless and exactly what I'd expect a Joe to do. He's not going down like some punk, no matter how big and powerful his adversary was. Scarlett's use of a RAM cycle... way over the top, but - hey - that's comics! Really hoping Bumblebee isn't dead, but he makes a great Hip Hop necklace for Megatron. I could go on... Did I mention how fun this comic is?