What toy feature have you recently figured out?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question What toy feature have you recently figured out?

What toy feature have you recently figured out?

Example: I know some people recently figured out that the Ice Viper sais fit into his leg.

I, just this week, was told that you can remove the bow section from the crossbow on the Alley Viper backpack. What can I say? I never even thought of trying it.

Is there some feature for a figure or vehicle that you just figured out in the last couple of years after owning the piece for a long time?
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Wink

I only just found out about the alley viper thing as well. Its sad when it takes years to work out what a figure and his weapons do.Took me years to work out that buzzers oil can came off. Still, live and learn my friend.

Question

Here are a few more that bother me

1. What is that sheath thing on V1 Low Light's thigh for?

2. Why do the antennae things on Psyche-Out's backpack come off?

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

About Psyche-Out's backpack antennae things I have to say that they are the most DANGEROUS joe accessories as they could be choked so easily by kids! Didn't you have any protection rules in America by 1987?

BTW I still cannot understand how V1 Alpine's accessories fit in his backpack....

As a kid I wasn't aware of the fact that Zandar and Zarana change colors when exposed to sunlight as I didn't speak english and couldn't read the instructions!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Island_Survivor
    About Psyche-Out's backpack antennae things I have to say that they are the most DANGEROUS joe accessories as they could be choked so easily by kids! Didn't you have any protection rules in America by 1987?
    Good call!

Just last year I figured out the entire Frag Viper thing...

1.) The black curvy thing is his grenade thrower... for years I had been chucking this weapon thinking had had broken off a later vehcile...

2.) The black ribbed hose goes to Frag Viper, again, I had been chucking this thinking it wasn't anything joe related...

3.) I found out the grenades can come off the backpack AND...can be easily lost...

Anyhow, I might sound dumb for fessing up to it, but I'm sure we've all had our days when we chucked something thinking it was non joe related or junk.
    My lessons learned... I NO LONGER THROW ANYTHING OUT UNTIL I KNOW WHAT IT IS...even if it really ends up to be junk.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

It would be pretty hard for a kid to choke on parts that were that tiny. There were literally HUNDREDS (if not thousands) of other Joes parts that could choke a kid before those things would. And besides, the packaging always clearly said what age group the toys were intended for.

I put the handle to Range Vipers launcher in betrween the antenna on the side of his backpack and it lines up flush. Not what was intended, but it looks cool.
    Last edited by ChanceB; 02-16-2006 at 03:50 PM.

BTW I still cannot understand how V1 Alpine's accessories fit in his backpack....

As a kid I wasn't aware of the fact that Zandar and Zarana change colors when exposed to sunlight as I didn't speak english and couldn't read the instructions!

same here. In Denmark, where I'm from, they didn't even come with instructions alerting you to that fact. Also the US file card tells you they can change their skin color, the EU file card doesn't. It was by pure coincidence while playing outside in the summer that I noticed they had all turned a garish dark grey/blue.

Alpine V1 backpack: Pick-axe in the grip/holder, rope with griphooks slung around the backpack so it's secured between bp and figure, the harpoon gun rest on top of the rope in the indenture in the top of the bp. At least that's one way which I have done ever since 1985.