Help...I need advice

yojoe.com

Help...I need advice

I keep about half my joes in Takara cases and have for years with put a problem. Then a few weeks ago I discovered that most of the cases and thier contents were covered in a thin layer of mold. So I have been going through them one by one and hand washing each figure and assor. Now I have found a layer of mold on my Flagg box. Is there anything I can do to clean mold off cardboard? Please help me!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

prob. a mild bleach and water mix. Wipe with a rung out sponge. That should kill the mold. Keep your stuff in cool but dry storage when possible.

I briefly stored my collection in my grandma's basement but in that time a lot of the vehicles got covered in a thin layer of mold (figures were in sealed boxes and thus untouched. One of the boxes I had vehicles in was the original headquarters box. It was covered in mold and I thought I was going to just have to throw it away but it wiped right off with a damp rag.
    ~Pit-Viper~

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Smile

I learned a few years ago that if you get the figures or boxes to a very dry place. Let them dry completely the mold (Mildew) will die(will almost be a powder). Then you can simply wipe it off (use mask) without staining the boxes. I would try this first before trying to wipe away mold using cleaning chemicals. Anyways just my thoughts. It worked for me in the past. Good luck.

wow, that is never and issue where I live, only dust!
    Tom

Hydrogen peroxide will kill an active mold just as easily as bleach and leave less of a stain or discoloration behind, if any. I cleaned out an entire wall in my basement using only the over the counter stuff and it worked great.
    Robowang
    TRADE LIST - CLICK HERE!
    BTW--When I came across your post on a TF G1 website about three or four years ago, I thought that your board name was the greatest thing I've ever read. Now. Three years later. I feel the same.
    Long live Robowang. -- Mark Bellomo

Oh no, now I am going to be worried about my items . I keep all my MOC items in rubber maid bins in the basement. But the basement is finished and have them in a closet.

Do you think having items in a finished basement that vs non finished basement you would get this same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeToyFan View Post
    Oh no, now I am going to be worried about my items . I keep all my MOC items in rubber maid bins in the basement. But the basement is finished and have them in a closet.

Do you think having items in a finished basement that vs non finished basement you would get this same issue?
    It won't be nearly as bad if it's finished, but you might play it safe and run a dehumidifier down there. Shouldn't have any problems then.
    Robowang
    TRADE LIST - CLICK HERE!
    BTW--When I came across your post on a TF G1 website about three or four years ago, I thought that your board name was the greatest thing I've ever read. Now. Three years later. I feel the same.
    Long live Robowang. -- Mark Bellomo

Quote Originally Posted by Robowang View Post
    but you might play it safe and run a dehumidifier down there. Shouldn't have any problems then.
    I was going to say the same thing. I don't run it in the winter months, but when it starts warming up, I do. Which reminds me, I should plug it in soon....
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html