Transformers vs GIJOE 3

yojoe.com

Transformers vs GIJOE 3

*****possible spoilers in thread*****

We lost a whole issue's worth of story.
    Tom and John decided to skip what happened on Earth while the Defiant was on Cybertron.
    Hawk is dead but he pulls an Arnie Schwwarzenegger and pops out of his own coffin like in the Terminator movie.
    Starscream and Shockwave(now Soundwave's brother) attack the Flagg and toss ita bout like they are in a big bathtub.
    Destro is some sort of superhuman and we have Decepticobras.
    Snake Eyes is a traitor. Working for Cobra.
    Venom or "Phe-nom" kills Buzzer. Head shot.
    Phenom, is a good guy.
    or is he? now Tom and John call him a better comic book villain than the Joker in the commentary at the back of the book.
    say wha?
    Sure he is multidimensional, but better than the clown prince of crime?
    The other thing is that Tom is highly influenced by pop culture, instead of making this his own, he says he is trying to do this scene or that from Tarantino ( no wonder I don't like this book much, I am no fan of Tarantino)
    Then we get a page that says "the end" but not really because the next page is the start of the next arc.

I do like Serpentress, at first I did not but she is the perfect comic bookish villain. Over the top uniform and actions.

This book is just crazy.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This book is crazy! And I love it.
    I'm no fan of Tarantino, so I didn't pick up on any references in the actual comic. Even when I read the notes, I was clueless. Thank God! 'Cause I really enjoyed the heck out of everything in this series ("Van Damme!"). We're back to good old fashioned fun, and I hope this ride doesn't stop! Two thumbs up!

By the way, comparing Dr. Venom to the Joker is like comparing Justin Bieber to the Beatles. Sorry, but they're nowhere close. I love G.I. Joe, but most comic readers out there have no idea who Dr. Venom is...
    Last edited by seaneley; 10-08-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: none of your business!