IDW GIOE season 4 number 3 discussion

yojoe.com

IDW GIOE season 4 number 3 discussion

*****possible spoilers in thread*****

I am of the opinion that we may not see a whole lot of action in this series of issues by Karen Traviss.
    I am OK with it too.
    She is telling a pretty complex story and I am enjoying it.
    She mixes in older elements like Duke's wife and without going into great detail, we see how the past is affecting the character today. A telling picture of how Duke is handling all the changes since he lost GIJOE, lost his wife, and now is doing black ops for?
    Another interesting point was that Snake Eyes's picture was amongst the other KIA pictures on Duke's armoire.
    Duke and Big Ben remind me of Crockett and Tubbs, going undercover and working with the bad guys to gather evidence so you can bust 'em.
    Seeing Helix go undercover was cool too, she is counter intelligence, it was nice to see her not kicking everyone's tail, but using her brain too.
    Another thing I like is how Isaac is this kid who grew up Cobra so he like many kids in nationalistic countries, idolizes what he knows, whether it is right or wrong to do so. Then when Cobra strays away from its foundations, he bolts. His mother Siren, is only with Cobra because of Isaac, forced to do what they want. Which is really interesting because Isaac is going to do what he wants to, and nothing his mother does is going to change him, however she can protect him when he screws up.
    I am also curious about Rashidov, he wants to avoid civilian casualties, I don't think that is in the terrorism handbook. Nor would relying on your lackeys to run an operation be in there. Rashidov does both. Interesting.

Traviss writes at a slower pace than we are used to with GIJOE comics, and it feels more like a novel. I don't need action on every panel, I like how she depicts the interactions between characters.
    It may be a slow train but I am on for all the stops, riding till we reach our destination.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    ...It may be a slow train but I am on for all the stops, riding till we reach our destination.
    It's interesting, to say the least. Sooner or later, though, she will have to include some action, if she wants to keep her readers.
    I, too, will remain with G.I. Joe until the last page is printed and / or I'm dead.