Need help on any info on this Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander moc!!

yojoe.com

Need help on any info on this Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander moc!!

Hey Guys I recently won this auction for a Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander still in its bubble!! I recently just recieved it and I'm thinking I got a h3ll of a deal, here is the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

I would like to know how rare this actually is, I mean I've seen a few Mickey Mouse Cobra Commanders on ebay, even sold a few myself but to get one still in its bubble! I've never seen one until I won this one, Its gotta be one of the only few in the world, how many MMCC's do you guys think are out there in a bubble. Also I would like to know where this came from, I know the MMCC's were mail in's but I always thought they were bagged. I'm thinking it could have came out of the 1982 Sears Exclusive Cobra Missile Command Headquarters here:

http://yojoe.com/vehicles/82/cobrahq/

were the figures in that bagged or in a bubble?

Do you think AFA can grade this, I have emailed them but they haven't gotten back to me yet? Let me know your guy's input on this rare figure. Thanks

$tr8balln
    Last edited by $tr8balln; 10-16-2004 at 06:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Last edited by Nightshift187; 10-16-2004 at 06:53 PM.

a friend of mine has that piece, along with SA Cobra Soldier and Officer, in the Sears Missile command HQ. I have pics of all three and the box they were in somewhere.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey...nice pick-up! That's a great looking CC.

Along with Kevin, I too think this is from the Cobra Missile Command Headquarters. I have seen the Mint in Bubble Cobra and Cobra Soldier in the past, both of which are on the filecards with the black background. I was told these were from the Missile HQ, so your CC would fit that profile.

As far as rarity goes, I think that's anyone's guess. It is certainly rare still sealed. You have to think of how many of the Missile HQs were made, and how many of the figure's inside were torn open by kids. I think you have a a pretty scarce item. I'm throwing out a guess, but maybe there's a hundred or so stil sealed "out there"?

Congratulations on adding a cool Cobra item to you collection.

-Peter
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!

AFA question

I too have this figure MOC. I was told it was from the Missle Headquarters and that about half of them sold came with straight-arm versions and half with swivel. Let me know what AFA says regarding grading this piece.

thanks
    www.joeparts.com
    check out the largest selection of vintage Joes available on the web

(figures, accessories, filecards, , AFA, trading cards and more)
    KRE-O

Free shipping, International customers welcome
    Pay via paypal, credit cards, check or money order !

Ya i was bidding on that but it got out of my price range for what I thought it was worth. Like said above its from the sears set. There was also one that had the normal logo on it as well. I have seen this topic come up a few times through the years. Its a hard guess as to how many are out there sealed but like stated i doubt there are many left.
    I just started my ebay store, take a look
    MY EBAY STORE<br>more to come soon
    Check out my ebay auctions as well MY EBAY AUCTIONS
    I was using searchforjoes for a while but found my old name.I am looking for moc figures and weapons, send me your lists!!!

I do think what you won could have been a mail order.

The price you paid was fair. On Sept 11 I remember a guy that had cc moc (1983) for about 700$ with BIN of 1000$, if I'm not mistaken . If you compare the two, you got a good deal but it would be ideal if you could get the original shipping box or the Missile command headquarters to make the piece thuroughly perfect.

Hi, msv.

I don't think it is a mail order Cobra Commander. I'm not in any means an expert on the Mint In Bubble or Mint In Bag area of Gijoe collecting, but I don't think I've ever seen a mail order figure that came sealed in a plastic bubble. From what I know, the mail order figures and Sears & JC Penney catalogue (not the ones available instore) figures were sealed in a bag with their filecard.

I know JC Penney's also had releases of 3 figures that came sealed in a plastic bubble to the filecard, but I'm pretty sure that no Cobra Commander was available.

-Peter
    ProjectPDD.com : The Definitive " Pimp Daddy Destro " Action Figure Resource

JoeIntel.com : The site for EVERYTHING G.I.Joe. From posters, lunchboxes & store displays to 3 3/4" 25th action figures, prototypes & international items. Get knowledgeable on the full range of 'Joe collectibles since the 80's & join up to the forums!

Always looking for unique packaged DESTRO items & all G.I.Joe preproduction items (artwork, prototypes, etc.). Contact me! I pay well!