G.i. Joe character guide

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G.i. Joe character guide

After a 25th and 30th anniversary and two movies, you'd figure Dorling-Kindersley would have published an "Ultimate Guide" by now like they've done for Transformers, Star Wars, Avengers, and the Justice League. I don't know, maybe the publishing rights have been tied up with action figure guidebooks. Tired of waiting, I decided to take a crack at how I'd want the character entries of a hypothetical book to be.

G.I. JOE COMMAND FILES

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

US NY or Arizona depending on time of year
    CC WIll your guide someday have all the hoes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastica View Post
    CC WIll your guide someday have all the hoes in it.
    My goal is to feature all the Joes listed on the Duty Roster eventually. I've tallied just less than 200 unique code names to tackle. (I definitely won't have all the hoes cuz "these hoes ain't loyal". ;-))

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

US NY or Arizona depending on time of year
    Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Crook View Post
    My goal is to feature all the Joes listed on the Duty Roster eventually. I've tallied just less than 200 unique code names to tackle. (I definitely won't have all the hoes cuz "these hoes ain't loyal". ;-))
    Sure make fun of a typo I didn't notice until AFTER I hit post Quick Reply,

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Crook View Post
    After a 25th and 30th anniversary and two movies, you'd figure Dorling-Kindersley would have published an "Ultimate Guide" by now like they've done for Transformers, Star Wars, Avengers, and the Justice League. I don't know, maybe the publishing rights have been tied up with action figure guidebooks. Tired of waiting, I decided to take a crack at how I'd want the character entries of a hypothetical book to be.

G.I. JOE COMMAND FILES
    This is great!
    Last edited by Quinine911; 01-12-2015 at 05:44 AM.

Don't forget we had this book a while back. I never thought it was quite as stylish looking as the DK format of guides, but there's a lot of great stuff in there, including the first appearance of file names for a lot of characters.

http://www.amazon.com/G-I-Joe-vs-Cob.../dp/0345516427

It looks great.
    Small criticism....I don't like that the same photo appears twice on character pages like Lowlight and Spirit. So many more options for the head-shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Quinine911 View Post
    This is great!
    Thank you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by jmmcfadd View Post
    Don't forget we had this book a while back. I never thought it was quite as stylish looking as the DK format of guides, but there's a lot of great stuff in there, including the first appearance of file names for a lot of characters.

G.I. Joe vs. Cobra: The Essential Guide, 1982-2008: Pablo Hidalgo: 9780345516428: Amazon.com: Books
    I'm familiar with that one (even gave it a nod on the About page of my site) but was reticent to pick it up as it was panned by a few fans and that it intermingled "Disavowed" stories. I didn't know that it had first-time published info though!

Quote Originally Posted by grunt 4 mvp View Post
    It looks great.
    Small criticism....I don't like that the same photo appears twice on character pages like Lowlight and Spirit. So many more options for the head-shot...
    Thanks! Yeah, you're right. I actually struggled with that redundancy as it bothered me too. I wanted the headshot to be the most current off the file cards (painted/photo-realistic preferred) but I also wanted the coolest, faithful rendition for the hero shot. I didn't like having to dupe the character image off the original package either. Look for updates as I select better shots!