Great new images of unreleased Cobra HISS Launcher ROC PIT Repaint

yojoe.com

Great new images of unreleased Cobra HISS Launcher ROC PIT Repaint

A couple of years ago at the G.I. Joe Convention, Hasbro revealed some concept work for an unreleased repaint of the Rise of Cobra PIT Playset. While the Pit itself was mostly looked down upon by the G.I. Joe fandom (a treatment I don't fall in line with), I think most fans found the Cobra repaint(s) pretty intriguing.

To this point, though, we only had blurry phone pics of a slideshow to base that opinion on. But no longer!

Thanks to the Eagle Eyes of Brian Hickey, a gallery with some larger, clearer pictures has been linked on the Facebook G.I. Joe Discussion Group, and I've mirrored them below. As much as I enjoyed the original RoC Pit Playset, this Cobra repaint does indeed look even more bad ass.

Look, I may be a bit biased... my memory of the Pit is my then-four year old daughter spending three hours putting the stickers on with me, and it's one of my fonder G.I. Joe memories, but even without that, I think the Put has some fun qualities, especially if fans can think of it more like an updated Mobile Command Center, and not so much like the ultimate G.I. Joe headquarters.

At any rate, check out the images of the Cobra themed repaint below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobra_HISS_Launcher-01.jpg 
Views:	1134 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	59851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobra_HISS_Launcher-02.jpg 
Views:	1422 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	59861
    Last edited by General_Hawk; 01-23-2015 at 08:42 AM.
    Managing Editor YoJoe.com
    Webmaster GeneralsJoes.com
    Reviews, News, and Opinions

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Damn - they cannibalized the ish out of the TRUE HEROES Missile Launcher playset...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	714NO+wuBwL._SY355_.jpg 
Views:	741 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	59931  
    Last edited by Super Sport; 01-24-2015 at 12:50 AM. Reason: fixed photo
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

I've to agree with you. The PIT is a very fun play set as far as I'm concerned that has definitely it's positive points. It's not because it was released under the ROC label, that it's by definition bad. I love my vintage Joes, but that doesn't mean I cannot have any love for their more recent counterparts. For example, while not as big, the ROCC play set that was released a couple of years ago is another favorite of mine. I remember putting on those stickers. I took me about half a day and I didn't have help from a 4 year old... although that might actually have been an advantage.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Honestly never rely liked the ROCC as it was however something about this Cobra version intrigues me. I would want one if it were released as such.
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

The Cobra version is cleaner and leaner than the ROC Pit, the ROC Pit looked like a combination of a Winnebago and the Rolling Thunder. This Cobra version would actually work better as a barge. It looks like a sea vessel to me. Scrap the undercarriage Rolling Thunder part completely. When closed up it looks like a garbage barge, then it beaches, splits apart and becomes a missile base. Hide in plain sight.