What would you like to see in wave 7?

yojoe.com

Thumbs up What would you like to see in wave 7?

I don't know about the rest of you fans of the newer Joes but I'm getting sick of the same characters every wave. We haven't done a post like this in a while, so what would you like to see in Wave 7? Here are the rules:

1. Let's assume wave 7 will be the first wave of the BAT uprising theme.

2. Go by the usual trend of 6 2-packs, including one army builder.

Here's my picks...

Gimmick....Hasbro loves gimmicks so how about have the Joes come with some sort of removeable armor plating to help defend against hordes of BATS.

1. RIPCORD vs. COBRA AIRBORNE ASSAULT TROOPER - Ripcord is long overdue for an official remake and who better to infiltrate Overkill's BAT production facility. Cobra has never had a paratrooper. I'd prefer a new individual Cobra over a trooper.

2. FALCON vs. SCRAP IRON - Falcon is also long overdue for a remake and would make a great squad leader for any covert operations. Also would be nice to beef up the Joe ranks with another officer and maybe take the spotlight off of Duke for a bit. SI needs to be made and would fit great into a BAT theme as either Cobra's answer to unruley BATS or as Overkill's human second in command.

3. HI-TECH vs. HOTWIRE - I like Hi-Tech's character and he would seem an obvious choice to create an answer to the BAT problem. You gotta wonder if Hotwire's trading card is a sneak peek into the upcoming theme, so why not? The BATS need a mechanic.

4. COVER GIRL vs. BUZZER - Who doesn't want to see a figure of Cover Girl made? Who better to take apart rebelling BATS then the Dreadnoks. We have Ripper and soon Torch so let's finish off the original team.

5. ROBO-JOE vs. OVERKILL - We have the technology,we can rebuild him. Cyborg vs. Cyborg - the battle of the century? If BATS were the primary part of a new theme, it would make sense for the Joes to have some sort of robot counterpart. I would hate to see the Joes use robots themselves so whynot Robo-Joe or some sort of incarnation of him?

6. BAAT and BAT v. 5. - Overkill's going to need something that can stand up to heavy artillary, so let's bring back the BAAT. An update of the traditional BAT could unclude some sort of battle damage feature.

Well keeping in mind the likely theme, that's my dream wave. How about everybody else?
    Looking for blueprints for Battle Wagon.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hit & Run

Falcon

Strato- Viper

Here's all what I would like to see in 2005:

Wave 1:
    Low-Light vs. Major Bludd
    Lt. Falcon vs. Crimson Guard
    Hawk (Desert Camo) vs. Cobra Commander (New Mold with Hood)
    Lady Jaye (New) vs. BAT 5.0
    Roadblock (New) vs. BAAT
    Snake Eyes w/Timber vs. Night-Viper

Wave 2:
    Duke (New) vs. Overkill (New)
    Mutt w/Junkyard vs. Cobra Inflatrator
    Hi-Tech vs. Hotwire
    Blowtorch vs. Inferno BAT
    Nunchuck (New) vs. Night Creeper Leader
    Cobra Coil w/Motorcycle (Ninja Lighting Repaint)

Wave 3:
    Stalker (Jungle Camo) vs. Destro (New Iron Grenadier Homage)
    Flint (New) vs. Baroness (Black VvV Repaint)
    Lifeline vs. Medi-Viper (Scalpel Body with new head)
    Budo vs. Dice
    Salvo vs. Heavy Artillery BAT
    BAT 5.0 and BAT 5.5

Wave 4:
    Scarlett (New) vs. Ninja BAT
    Hacker (New Head) vs. Com-BAT
    Sgt. Savage vs. KLAW
    Lt. Falcon (Night Force) vs. Cobra Commander (Repaint)
    Heavy Duty vs. Croc Master
    Tomax and Xomat

Wave 4.5:
    Jinx and Budo (Night Force)
    BAT 5.5 and Inferno BAT
    Snake Eyes and Kamakura (Master and Apprentice)
    Storm Shadow and ??? (Master and Apprentice)
    Snow BAT and Desert BAT
    Jungle Viper and Night-Viper

Wave 5:
    Tunnel Rat (New) vs. Zarana (New)
    Roadblock (Jungle Camo) vs. Road Pig
    Leatherneck vs. Torch
    Ripcord vs. BAT 5.0 (Battle Damage)
    Bazooka vs. DEMON (BAT w/Nemsis Enforcer Homage)
    Storm Shadow (New) vs. Aleph

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like the idea of removable armor, as long as the uniform design underneath is realistic and militeristic. I liked Spy Troops because the gimmick was removable and the uniform designs were very simple and you could see a modern soldier dressed like that. VvV on the other hand the Joe uniforms have been too sci-fi-ish for my taste, with straps and jackets but no basis or reason for them other than the designer thought they looked cool--which they don't.

so, while the armor would make things sci-fi-ish, you could always remove it and have a more military designed figure to use if you wish. good idea and both sides of Joe fandom get what they want.

I don't have a set of character vs character I would like to see, just a list of characters that should be made:

Grand Slam
    Falcon
    Rock n Roll
    Lifeline
    Shooter
    Airtight
    Footloose
    Claymore

Scrap Iron
    Major Bludd
    Dreadnoks
    Techno Viper