"Toy soldiers? Look again."

yojoe.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very cool. They need the crawler, the kneeling aiming solder and grenade tosser! Amazing how they clean up the surrounding area to remove any foot prints. I would guess Photo-shop, but sometimes these serious art projects are done without that type of digital manipulation.

So this guy's 25 and has Legos all over his living room, maybe there's hope a new wave of Joe collectors is percolating.

“It’s not like I’m obsessed with it, but there’s a simplicity to Lego models that’s quite nice – to clear your mind and help it focus a bit,” he says, only a touch sheepishly.

As with most things, millennials are largely to blame. More than half of the ‘kidult’ spend comes from 18 to 34-year-olds, snapping up everything from £500 Scalextric sets to drones, Nerf guns and £2,00 Star Wars Lego models.

For some it’s a chance to recapture the careless raptures of childhood, while for others it’s a chance to escape the hassle and hardships of adult life – akin to other ‘mindfulness aids’
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-f...just-children/

We have no ongoing mega-thread where this would fit, so I'll just put it ... here. Now I'm going to go rustle up and bump the childhood pics thread.