Collecting the art of G.I.Joe: Volume 1 (1982-1983) - PLEASE VOTE!!! - Page 2

yojoe.com

View Poll Results: What color should the backgrounds be in the vehicle and playset section?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option A (all white backgrounds)

4 50.00%
  • Option B (black backgrounds for vehicles, playsets and peripheral merchandise)

4 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tough call... I prefer white because it looks clean.

It's maybe obvious, but since you are printing these images in a book format, I would recommend to give an extra room on left margin for odd pages and right margin for even pages so we can clearly see those images without losing them in the bookbinding
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

My lists: For sale/ for trade, Wanted

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Actually, this 8"x11" hardcover lays completely flat on every spread, creating an 11"x16" panorama with no art lost to the gutter!

Check it out: http://www.artisanstate.com/flush-mount-album.html

Oh... that's great!
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

My lists: For sale/ for trade, Wanted

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I already voted elsewhere. I voted for the white background. It helps distinguish each individual box size and actual art. They don't blend all together like one giant mural. I thought black at first too but then I realized the white was much better.

Thank you all for voting!

Here are the scores: 16 A to 28 B on HISS Tank, 15 A to 37 B on Facebook, 4 A to 4 B on YoJoe, and 2 A to 5 B on OG13.

The final tally is 37 for option A and 74 for option B - exactly two to one in favor of the black backgrounds for the vehicles and playsets section.

If you voted A, don't sweat it! The two hardcover options will be available with all white pages. Since those are print to order I can offer both options.

I am currently scoping a magazine print run so I can offer a more economical option for those interested but not able to drop $110 to $200 on the two hardcover options. This will most likely need to be funded via Kickstarter. Stay tuned for info on that.

The book has been updated with a foreword by Kirk Bozigian and an intro and exposition on the overview pages. Please check out Books - 3DJOES for the latest!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DJoes View Post
    3. Am I missing any other 1982-1983 painted art?! The art from the Die Cast Metal Vehicle packaging (on page two) is coming this week.
    Have you seen these already? All dated 1982 or 83.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9683.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	60871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9684.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	181.6 KB 
ID:	60872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9681.JPG 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	60873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9686.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	60874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9687.JPG 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	60875  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9680.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	60876  
    West Coast G.I.Joe & Toy Show - On Facebook and Instagram @SoCalGIJoeShow

Quote Originally Posted by Joebros View Post
    Have you seen these already? All dated 1982 or 83.
    Castle of the Doomed is great, but it's dated 1984. This makes sense because of Duke on the cover. That painting will be in volume 2.

The rest is not the style or quality I'm looking for, but a sincere thank you for checking with me!

Carson

Castle of the Doomed is great, but it's dated 1984. This makes sense because of Duke on the cover. That painting will be in volume 2.

The rest is not the style or quality I'm looking for, but a sincere thank you for checking with me!

Carson
    No problem. My Castle of the Doomed is sealed so I could only see the 1983 date on the cover.

How about the art from the mini-lunchbox (part was also used on the trash can)?
    West Coast G.I.Joe & Toy Show - On Facebook and Instagram @SoCalGIJoeShow

^ the mini-lunchbox features the same large scene as the 1982 collector case (which is included), and the second piece of art (Hawk's head and shoulders) doesn't seem worthy of inclusion.

Glad to see you decided to use the art from the inter-com telephone set and the trash can/mini-lunchbox after all (saw your post on Facebook).