How would your collection be affected if Black Major from ebay made gold head steel b

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How would your collection be affected if Black Major from ebay made gold head steel b

How would your collection be affected if Black Major from ebay made gold head steel brigade as good as his Cobra de Aco ?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

it would suck quite a bit at first, but to be honest I look at my collection as a kinda drug addiction, I don't expect to get much of the money I've spent on it in 7 & half years time I have been collecting, so I wouldn't be upset for to long. in fact I do look forward to new " "BLACK MAJOR " figures- but I don't think he does it anymore ? I think its "RED LASER" who does it now ?
    Another interesting point on the subject, I know we are all busy with the holiday season but years ago this would be a subject that would have had a bunch of opinions on it already - but I'm the 1st to comment on it in 5 days time ??? that's not a good sign , IMHO

My collection is large, but not really high dollar. I bought one of his de Acos, because I liked the figure, but don't have the budget (nor willingness) to buy a minty original (and if I did, I'd be terrified to touch it). I'm also honest, so I'd never try to sell it as an original. Same goes for a GHSB.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd finally buy a Gold headed steel brigade trooper, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by MARSagent View Post
    I'd finally buy a Gold headed steel brigade trooper, if not more.
    depending on the price, I would probably try to get at least 5 or so ? but I think I would rather try to army build the other steel brigades instead of the Gold Head SB- of course depending on the price of them

Quote Originally Posted by navy viper View Post
    depending on the price, I would probably try to get at least 5 or so ? but I think I would rather try to army build the other steel brigades instead of the Gold Head SB- of course depending on the price of them
    I agree. Price is the only thing that's kept me from army building the original Steel Brigade troopers. I'd be good with one GHSB though.

The DeAco is considerably different from the original. It's pretty easy to tell them apart. So if a GHSB was the same way, I'm all for it. I'd buy one for sure because I just can't justify $250+ for an original.

Quote Originally Posted by msv View Post
    How would your collection be affected if Black Major from ebay made gold head steel brigade as good as his Cobra de Aco ?
    The responses you've gotten are a perfect example of why the Joe community sucks and is destined for failure. Collectors should protect authentic items VEHEMENTLY. We know who the crooks are, yet the majority of "collectors" would rather get the piece(s) they need for next to nothing than to actually work for it and protect its value. This will eventually lead to absolutely NO vintage Joe items being worth anything whatsoever and any money you spend on your collection being basically thrown down the toilet.

That's a very interesting & unique point of view. I hope you are wrong, but I respect your opinion on the subject. I honestly am in all favor of reproduction accessories, stickers, parts and action figures
    I'm very proud & happy with my collection, but not for a second do I think I will get 25% of its value out of it if I was to ever NEED to get rid of it in the future. The market is just to unpredictable to think other wise. Even if I was to start selling it tomorrow , I would consider myself lucky to get 50 to 75% of it back. (95% of my collection is loose) I do think people should apply some kind of "mark" to the reproductions or alter it in such a way that you could readily tell what is a fake/reproduction. I wish there were more reproduction items on the market. I would love to get "repro" file cards of the more harder to find mail away file cards. something printed on the back of the file card to let collectors know that it was not a original , or maybe leave it white on the back - a color known to have never been used in making original file cards
    Last edited by navy viper; 12-26-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesboy75 View Post
    The responses you've gotten are a perfect example of why the Joe community sucks and is destined for failure. Collectors should protect authentic items VEHEMENTLY. We know who the crooks are, yet the majority of "collectors" would rather get the piece(s) they need for next to nothing than to actually work for it and protect its value. This will eventually lead to absolutely NO vintage Joe items being worth anything whatsoever and any money you spend on your collection being basically thrown down the toilet.
    Destined to fail what exactly? Your response is that of someone who puts the monetary value of his collection above anything else. I don't care what my collection is monetarily worth, I care what it is worth to me in nostalgic and entertainment value. If you want to invest in toys for a profit, try Lego.