Has ebay become a buyitnow playground ?

yojoe.com

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I rarely make bids on single figures. I use the buy it now option.

I've been on ebay just about 90% of the last 8 years, every day I look at auctions ending with in 24 HR. its just something I do for 15 to 25 minutes a day. usually after work to unwind. Anyway I have a descent idea of what stuff goes for , plus I do completed listing search to find a current value if I'm unsure about a particular item. So if I see something that has a fair/reasonable "buy it now" price I almost always go for that . if its something I want bad enough & the price is right its just worth it to me to give the seller what they want instead of taking a chance on winning in a bidding war. not to mention I've seen hundreds of auctions start at $1.00 with a buy it now of $150.00 and they can go way past $150. so for example if I seen a GOLD HEAD STEEL BRIGADE (complete)with a starting bid of $100.00 & a "BUY IT NOW" of $175- I would go for the $175. but then theres lots of times the "BUY T NOW" is just a stupid price - like 10 times the auction items value. So I do it both ways

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I haven't used eBay since 2008, but I used Buy It Now all the time. I had fun bidding on auctions, though. And, auctions were good when I didn't know how much I should sell something for. I have fond memories of bidding on eBay... Pacing back and forth, hitting refresh over and over again, the thrill of winning an auction, the disappointment of losing one. I think the best memory I had of winning one was when I won an auction for a vintage 1/16th scale tank kit by Bandai for my now late dad. He had been looking for it for years. I remember being up late, crazy nervous, and finally placing my maximum bid during the last few seconds. Then there was the time that I sniped this one auction that had a rare MUSCLE figure in it. The original bidder sent me a somewhat angry email. Then we became good friends started exchanging emails and chatting on AOL. He later helped me complete my MUSCLE collection. Good times.

All of the collectors I know of are more interested in BIN features.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

its actually bugs the p!$$ out of me when I see a auction for something like a SEARS dreadnok missile or other part with a fair BIN price , and when I go to check back on it someone has put in the .99 opening bid thinking they're going to get it cheap & then the auction sells for twice (or more?/!)of the BIN price . I see this more times then I care to think about

I'll do a BIN when I have a firm idea of around what something could sell for, and I usually would rather unload something fast than wait around. It may have cost me some money, but it is a lot less work.