Interesting (Not Really) Issue Concerning "DAWG" - Need Direction

yojoe.com

Interesting (Not Really) Issue Concerning "DAWG" - Need Direction

So, I'm mostly a vintage 82'-89' collector. Shocker I know. Where oh where did my forum name come from?

Anyhow, occasionally I pick-up modern counter parts to figures beyond the 89' window that I have fond memories of. Enter "Zombie Initiative."

Clean Sweep, Toxo-Viper and Sludge Viper were some of the favorite "loud" colored figures of my childhood. Having already picked-up a Toxo-Viper a few months ago I found a seller listing both Clean Sweep and Repulsor. He's using stock photos with the bagged accessories at the figure's feet. He list the figures as complete. Has 100% feedback and isn't new (400+ feedback rating.) So, I order them up without having a clear view of the accessories within the bags. Nine times out of ten this would have worked out perfectly fine.

Repulsor though comes without "DAWG." After messaging back and forth with the seller he admits that he felt "DAWG" wasn't an accessory to Repulsor and is an independent character. I point out the listing here as well as a couple other of the bigger collector sites which has "DAWG" as an accessory. I also point out the filecard entry and that the bagged convention set has "DAWG" bagged with Repulsor. Guy just isn't budging. I ended up leaving appropriate feedback and now am on the hunt for a loose "DAWG." I think.

How many of you see "DAWG" as an accessory to Repulor? I mean...it is a general consensus that they belong together, correct? Does anyone know where one could buy "DAWG" by himself?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would say he's an accessory. It'd be like getting Law without Order, Spearhead without Max, Mutt without Junkyard, Croc Master without a Croc, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker7actual View Post
    I would say he's an accessory. It'd be like getting Law without Order, Spearhead without Max, Mutt without Junkyard, Croc Master without a Croc, etc....
    That's how I initially felt too. I even mentioned to the seller that in the history of the line no pet has ever been released without it's master.

Taking into consideration the chance, albeit a small chance, that I could be wrong I thought I'd get input from others. Looks like I was right and either the seller isn't up on the hobby, which I have this feeling isn't the case, or I was scammed.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Seeing as how I'm the guy that put together this site's archive entry, I'm gonna go with accessory!