Advice on selling collection wanted. O-Ring and vehicles

yojoe.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Advice on selling collection wanted. O-Ring and vehicles

I am selling the majority of my collection. I almost exclusively have O-Ring stuff. I have early 80s to 2010s and some modern vehicles. I have a lot of converntion set figures and some Black Majore customs, etc.

If I were to sell the whole collection would I be taking a very bad hit (i.e. 20 cents on the dollar) for current value of figures? Does anyone recommend a certain store/person?

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by CDR Hood View Post
    I am selling the majority of my collection. I almost exclusively have O-Ring stuff. I have early 80s to 2010s and some modern vehicles. I have a lot of converntion set figures and some Black Majore customs, etc.

If I were to sell the whole collection would I be taking a very bad hit (i.e. 20 cents on the dollar) for current value of figures? Does anyone recommend a certain store/person?

Thanks for any help.
    It really depends on what you have. Here are a few observations in general.

If you sell 50 figures as a lot, you are going to make a small percent of what you would have made selling individually. If a lot normally goes for 3-4 bucks a figure, and you have 20 and 30 dollar figures in there, you take a large loss against your expectations.

If your stuff is incomplete, the value drops a LOT.

If it has paint wear, joint looseness, cracks or breaks, the value drops a lot further.

Black Major stuff sells pretty cheap new and in bulk, so you probably will not break even with what you paid unless you have some stuff you can no longer get from him.

Vehicles cost a LOT to ship, and with the USPS price increase on Jan-17, you can expect to be out a bundle. Make sure you weigh everything and know how much shipping will cost you before you sell it. And pack it well. Don't be one of those doucheballs who ships stuff loose in a box (you don't sound like one of them)!

Sell the convention stuff separately. That stuff retains its value and typically does well on ebay (unless in bad or incomplete condition).

If it were me, I'd try to find someone local to buy the vehicles in one lot. I'd sell the figures individually. And I'd sell the exclusive sets on ebay.

Just my outlook as a collector/buyer, and as a seller.
    Founder/Owner of OG13.com (A Community for Collectors)
    Owner of OGToys, at www.ogtoys.com/ (we buy and sell toys!)