Hawk's Future in Comics...Venomous Maximus>?

yojoe.com

\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Duke\'s_Other_Half_Brother\r\n \r\n
\r\n Duke\'s_Other_Half_Brother is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Hawk\'s Future in Comics...Venomous Maximus>?\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Hey guys! I was reading my copy of GIJOE # 34 (Devil\'s Due) and wondered something. Do you think that it\'s possible that it could go this way?
\r\n
\r\nFor the past month or two, DD has been telling us that the entire structure of GIJOE and COBRA are going to undergo something of a refitting. Do you think that Hawk, obviously distrought from his ordeal of being confined to a wheelchair for life, would seek Cobra\'s help in walking again, and thus experiment on Hawk... transforming him into Venomous Maximus? I mean, don\'t get me wrong...I\'m not crazy about VM, but I was wondering if anyone thought this was possible.\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[62397] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Antarctica\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Antarctica is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n YoJoe! Sr. Editor\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Antarctica\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Just say "no"
    \r\n
    \r\nThe whole venom idea is as silly as an idea that Hasbro has come with since the Cobra-Lala. And Hama, said no to that.
    \r\n
    \r\nAnd I think Brandon will say no to Maximus.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    GI Joe comic fan since 1982.
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[62440] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n That was the answer I was hoping for!
    \r\n
    \r\nThanks!\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[62498] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n gunslingercbr\r\n \r\n
    \r\n gunslingercbr is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n gunslingercbr\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n absolutely. not only that, but Snake Eyes is going to ask Cobra to regenerate his vocal chords, which they will do and turn him into Venemous Snakemous. Breaker will be brought back from the dead as Venemous Breakemous, and Tripwire will beg Cobra to finally make him an outfit in the color of his Listen and Fun version, and they will slip him Venom turning him into Tripemous Wiremous.
    \r\n
    \r\nseriously though, if we are to believe that the Joe characters lack such conviction that when times go rough they would ask Cobra for help for personal reasons then we have betrayed the very ideas of the characters and destroyed what G.I. Joe is. even DD wouldn\'t create a plot so silly and contrived as Hawk asking Cobra to help him walk when if he was so bothered by his ordeal he could search out so many other means of therapy. why Cobra? it makes no sense.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[62580] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #5\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Quote Originally Posted by gunslingercbr\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    even DD wouldn\'t create a plot so silly and contrived as Hawk asking Cobra to help him walk when if he was so bothered by his ordeal he could search out so many other means of therapy. why Cobra? it makes no sense.
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    I hope you\'re right. I think Jerwa is doing a pretty good job on GIJOE so far, although I\'m concerned as to where the story is going to go now. Hawk was my favorite Joe growing up, and still is. I, too, would hate to see this new twist of fate used simply to introduce what I consider to be, a pretty weak character in Venomous...whats-his-nameus.
    \r\n
    \r\nAnd what about CC? What do you think\'ll happen to him?\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[62365] = "62612,62397"; pn[0] = ",62365"; pn[62397] = "62365,62440"; pn[62440] = "62397,62498"; pn[62498] = "62440,62580"; pn[62580] = "62498,62612"; pn[62612] = "62580,62365"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[2211] = "Duke\\\'s_Other_Half_Brother"; pu[2607] = "Antarctica"; pu[2553] = "gunslingercbr"; pu[2943] = "Mr.MojoRisin"; // -->

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hawk's Future in Comics...Venomous Maximus>?

Hey guys! I was reading my copy of GIJOE # 34 (Devil's Due) and wondered something. Do you think that it's possible that it could go this way?

For the past month or two, DD has been telling us that the entire structure of GIJOE and COBRA are going to undergo something of a refitting. Do you think that Hawk, obviously distrought from his ordeal of being confined to a wheelchair for life, would seek Cobra's help in walking again, and thus experiment on Hawk... transforming him into Venomous Maximus? I mean, don't get me wrong...I'm not crazy about VM, but I was wondering if anyone thought this was possible.