how to remove paint from 80's G.I. Joe figures ?

yojoe.com

how to remove paint from 80's G.I. Joe figures ?

I posted this question on one of the Facebook groups, but haven't had much luck ? I'm trying to remove the bright green camouflage from a 1983 Stalker ( or any other figure ) I've tried Nail polish remover NON-ACETONE & I tried my wife's high dollar nail polish remover- neither worked out like I was hoping for ! these take off the green paint, however they take off the shine to the plastic and leave it looking very dull. does anybody have any suggestions on what will work ? THANKS !!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Laquer thinner is the best thing I have found for taking off factory paint, it will remove it very quickly and leave a shiny surface. Be extremely careful though and practice on an old worn out figure first because laquer thinner can melt the surface of the plastic and leave streaks on it. I dip a q-tip in the thinner and get it saturated then work on one body part at a time being very careful to keep the q-tip well moistened so it doesn't get gummy.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

THANKS ! I'll try that any particular brand of lacquer thinner I should look for ?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by navy viper View Post
    THANKS ! I'll try that any particular brand of lacquer thinner I should look for ?
    Sorry for the late reply, I am not around as much as I used to be. The brand I use is Klean-Strip, but I figure any brand would work. Just make sure you practice on an old figure first so you know what to expect.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

thanks for the reply, where can I find Klean-Strip at ?Walmar,t lowes or someplace else ? thanks again for your time and replies