Ever Change Your Mind About A Figure?

yojoe.com

Ever Change Your Mind About A Figure?

Good or Bad? Here's a Good change I had last week.

Recently I came across some Cobra Viper Commandos from the RoC line. I was like, meh, I don't need any more of those "Neo-Viper" molds. But I decided to actually mess with mine a bit. That's when I found that the Viper Commando(and Nano-Viper) actually has a different fore-arm than the Neo-Viper and it bends a full 90 degrees. In fact, he's way more posable and cool looking than I first remember. Which begs the question, why did Hasbro continue to use the worse Neo arms when they had developed something better? The main drawback to the Viper Commando is his weapon load-out. It is utter crap. BUT, give him a decent firearm and he's pretty sweet. So I picked up a couple more. Even found a nice use of that shotgun I complained about in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That mould makes me wonder weather it might be what they will use to make 87 Royal guards.

Could. But I've for a while thought that the easy mold would be the Dark Elf from Thor: The Dark World

In fact, someone at Joe Con this year thought the same thing.

http://www.yojoe.com/events/showphot...-6201&cat=1237

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think the Crimson Neo-Vipers make for some okay Royal Guard substitutes. I saw a couple used in a photo in generaljoes.com's Pythona review:

http://generalsjoes.com/2016/06/27/p...cc-pythona-25/

I would be nice if Hasbro/The Club would go all out and make one that looks like this custom, though:

http://www.theterrordrome.com/2010/0...rd-by-heretic/

That's what I'd really like to see.

As for the subject of changing my mind on a figure... I can't really remember. I do remember almost buying some Cobra Viper Commandos from smalljoes.com, though. I think the armor looks interesting on that figure. And, I was tempted to buy some Neo-Vipers for $2.50 each at Target. I remember they had a hoard of them peg warming with Destros. I do really like the bronze Neo-Viper I have from the K-Mart exclusive pack. I wouldn't mind having more of those. That bronze colored pistol he comes with is neat.

Going the other way with things, I think I fell for Justin's propaganda...er, reviews in regards to the 25th Airborne.

For a while I was trying to get every version of that Airborne body. Now that I have a few, the arms just aren't as posable as I would like. I remember the first one I got was actually my first Club Membership figure, Dial-Tone. I loved that figure. Still do I guess. He seemed really high quality and I had almost no complaints. He was great. So I got one of those RoC Rollbar. He looked sweet. Being an Airborne repaint I figured I would get the original. Then I finally managed to track down an Infiltrator Duke from that RoC 5-Pack. I kept looking for Manleh, Redmack, Topson, Trigger, and Lighting. But as Con exclusives, that wasn't happening at a price point I can accept. For the most part all those figures have basically sat in boxes and totes. Then after I got last year's Tiger Force Dial-Tone I really sat down and played with him. Those arms suck. And the left hand is at that weird angle. Sure it works for that one gun that Airborne has to get you 1 good pose. Doesn't work for anybody else cause they came with different guns. Anyway, I don't want this thread to devolve into a bitch-fest. It's just an example of my attitude changing. Same could be said for that PoC Skydive/RoC Ripcord/50th Ace/Joe Con Air Raid. The mold looks cool, and I really liked it at first. But again, after having to take pictures of Ace for the archives, those arms just killed me.