New here....starting to collecting back my GI Joes

yojoe.com

New here....starting to collecting back my GI Joes

New to forum, recently bought my favorite vehicle as a kid, the Warthog. Gonna start trying to get my GI Joes back that I had in the 80s.
    Just wanted ti say hi

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lukeeluciano View Post
    New to forum, recently bought my favorite vehicle as a kid, the Warthog. Gonna start trying to get my GI Joes back that I had in the 80s.
    Just wanted ti say hi
    Welcome back to collecting! I re-started in 2007 and it has been a hell of an adventure. You are going to love it!
    Founder/Owner of OG13.com (A Community for Collectors)
    Owner of OGToys, at www.ogtoys.com/ (we buy and sell toys!)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome aboard! It can be quiet here these days, but feel free to read through the past, there is a LOT of accumulated knowledge within this board.

Coming Back

Welcome Back. I have recently started collecting again after a clean sweep of my previous collection. I also started with a vehicle; The Brawler. It was one of my childhood favorites. I started with some of the anniversary releases; they seem to be easier to get a hold of. I have also been able to find some Rise of Cobra releases a well. I am excited to see what I can find out there. This site has been a great tool.

I actually never stopped. Just little breaks here and there. My first Joe Breaker was probably July 1982, my brother and I thoroughly collecting everything in '82 and '83, then I can see a slowdown in vehicle acquisition from '84 to '86 (had no interest in newer vehicles after that). Figures were a complete set through '84, then i got into high school and the first holes showed up in '85 and by '87 I was down to only half of the figure that year. I took a break in '88, but came back and got much of the '88 and '89 the next year, but only a couple figs in 1990. Then watched the line disappear before I started again with the return in '97 thru '01. The wonderful world of Brian's Toys and eBay got me back on track to adding many things I missed or lost then too. The loss of the O-ring was the point I called it quits. I picked up some of the comic pack O-ring figs after that, and got back into it for the 3 years of the 25th anniversary collection. Now I'm just working completing my collection from '84 to '86, and figures from '87 to '90, more army builders, and some of the later recolored versions of the early vehicles. Holy grail will be a USS Flagg.

Sounds like you started collecting later in the line. I never had a Warthog, but that's one of the post-'86 new vehicles that I likely will pick up. I didn't even get the '02 version of it, never saw it in stores.

Hi! I hope you will have a huge collection soon! Good luck!

If you like the warthog, you will like the black version. I will also add that to my collection eventually.

Yes welcome back, im working on my own collection aswell in forex trading, hopefully it will pan out =)