Okay, here we go!
Fresh from the Golden Ticket Pickup, we’ve got the full list of exclusives for the 2017 G.I. Joe Convention as well as some possible images/design cues based on the comic. Keep in mind the comic isn’t always 100% accurate and they sometimes throw us some curve balls, but in years’ past they’ve been pretty solid.
First the list:
- BF 2000 Vector Jet
- COBRA Sky Serpent w/ Pilot
- BF 2000 Marauder Snowmobile 3 Pack
- COBRA Laser Vipers 3 Pack
- Ultimate Enemies 2 Pack
- COBRA B.A.T. Rocket Glider 2 Pack
So, this doesn’t tell us a whole lot. Thankfully, Phil from YoJoe was there with a camera to snap some images from the convention comic. Check them out at the YoJoe Convention Exclusive Photo Gallery.
Based on those images above, I think we can make some educated guesses:
- Vector Jet is a tough call. It almost looks like it could be the Conquest, but the wings are the wrong way. Repainted ROC Night Raven maybe? Or something obvious that I can’t put my finger on?
- Sky Serpent w/ Pilot is likely the Black Dragon VTOL, at least it certainly looks that way. No idea who the pilot might be
- Marauder Snowmobiles look like repainted Polar Battle Bears as figured. Three of them?
- Laser Viper 3 Pack – Pretty much what I suspected, and also it certainly doesn’t look as if they have their laser backpacks (which isn’t a surprise, not even the concept case version did)
- Ultimate Enemies 2 Pack – Looking like perhaps DeeJay and Corrosao (the guy they call “Corrosion” in the comic). In toy form, Corrosao was a Brazilian DeeJay repaint, so the correlation makes sense, though the comic looks to use the Tele-Viper head sculpt.
- COBRA B.A.T. Rocket Glider – No clue
As an added bonus it looks like perhaps Backstop is the parachute figure! At least that looks like him in one of the comic panels above.
It should be noted that Tundra Stalker is also in the convention comic, though I’m honestly not sure where he would slot in, unless he’s one of the “Ultimate Enemies” and DeeJay isn’t, but that would just be bizarre. Sometimes the Club throws red herrings at us in these comics, so that seems likely in this case.
Patrick from YoJoe also threw along some images of the BattleForce: 2000 LAW. Check those out at the Photo Gallery as well. Huge thanks to Phil and Patrick!